supported processors for Real Sense

supported processors for Real Sense

Shyam's picture

Hi All,

Real Sense contest is started and we all are excited about it. But I have question

In supported processors, Intel have mentioned 4th generation and future Intel® Core™ Processors. Is this the only supported processor or its a recommendation?

What will happen if I install RealSense sdk on Intel 3rd Generation i7 processor? Will it work?

-Sunder

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Shyam, a fellow contest entrant here.  4th Generation processors do seem to be a compulsory requisite of the new SDK.  If memory serves, 4th Gen starts at Ivy Bridge processor architecture.  It may be worth seeing if your computer motherboard's CPU socket can accept an upgrade to a 4th Gen processor if you don't want to replace the whole PC.

Intel seem to recognize this issue, as the contest prize list says that in the first round of the contest, the top 250 points-scorers in the Pioneer stream and the top 50 scorers in the Ambassador stream will be awarded a free NUC mini-PC with 4th-Gen Haswell CPU, worth $600, as a prize in addition to receiving the new RealSense camera.

Here's Intel's info page for the NUC pc.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/overview.html

Login to leave a comment.