I just wanted to mention the pmu-tools toolkit, which some people here may find useful. It's a collection of scripts and libraries to make it easier to use Intel specific PMU features on top of Linux perf.
Features in pmu-tools:
- A wrapper to add the full named Intel core event lists to perf (ocperf)
- A "top down" cycle decomposition model on top of perf (topdown)
- A tool to generate and measure high and low-level uncore metrics on Xeon servers (ucevent)
- C Libraries to resolve named Intel events and provide higher level interfaces to the perf interface, for self profiling and writing new tools
- Various graphing and conversion tools for perf stat output
- An experimental scipy/pandas data model for perf.data analysis
- A number of additional utilities and enhancements.
pmu-tools is on a rolling release, so there are no real releases per se. The git tree can be checked out at any time.