Instruct VTune to launch app in bash shell

Instruct VTune to launch app in bash shell

I am having trouble launching my application from VTune. We've got a number of bash shell scripts that need to run to set up the environment first. So, I'd like VTune to launch a new bash shell to run my application in. If I do a ps command in the launch application, I see that it is launching /bin/sh. Unfortunately, that is linked to dash on our system (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh). Is there a way to instruct VTune to use a new bash shell (perhaps a env variable)?

Ryan

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

have you tried specifying bash as the app to launch and your script as the command argument to bash?

Regards,
MrAnderson

Thanks for the response. Yes, I tried that. The resulting bash env is not the same as if I ran the script from a new bash shell command line. From what I gather, /bin/sh is started and a /bin/bash shell inherits its env (never running any bashrc files).

Ryan

Try adding this option to the command arguments and specifying your bashrc file.

• The --rcfile file option will force Bash to read and execute commands from file instead of ~/.bashrc.
Regards,
MrAnderson

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today