Windows 8

Windows 8

How do I restore original factory settings after installing Windows 8 ?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Do you mean revert to your original OS?  If so there will probably be a recovery partition on your computer - how to access this will be vary from vendor to vendor.

Essentailly you need to be clear what you want to do in your question and provide information about your computer.

David

I am still using windows Windows 7 Because I am loving it....I tried to use Windows 8 But it is not more user friendly so I do not use that one..

If you go to the start screen and type Refresh, and hit Settings under the search bar. This should open results page shown you a few options including

1. Refresh your PC
  2. Remove everything and reinstall

With Refresh you PC option, files and personalisation is maintained. PC is reset to initial settings. Only apps from Windows store are left, everything else is removed and you get a list of apps removed.

The remove everything and reinstall option does just  that - everything goes and you start with a clean slate

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/png screenshot-4.png53.29 KB
Downloadimage/png screenshot-5.png43.72 KB

You can use restore disk  to restore original factory settings if you have restore disk.

1. To reset your PC

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. ...
    2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
    3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
    4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

You may make a restore point after doing the suggestions that included in comments to backup your system

Hi 

Follow these steps below 

• Settings
  • Recovery
  • Factory reset 
  • It will ask for media file 
  • Download it from winstore
  • Run that 
  • You will be redirected to another page 

And then you will be able to reset win 8 properly 

Hi Gents,

Another problem occurred during Update for Intel System 10.1.2.80. When I tried to update this not-mandatory update, my laptop stacked and continuously tried to re-start. Blue screen appeared with error: Driver Power State Failure. I've managed to recover laptop to initial factory settings, and it was Wndows 8.1, now Windows 8.0.Till that update everything was perfect, now I can't update up to Windows 8.1 and can't update last version for Windows Defender. It shows that problem with Internet,however Internet is ok , all other sites are operates normally.Could you help me, please to recover my laptop to its previous state. It's impossible to recover before that day 21.12.2016 22.03 a.m.

Best regards,

Boris

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today