I am not big into computers, but I think I am having some issues with my new i7 processor

I am not big into computers, but I think I am having some issues with my new i7 processor

I just bought a brand spanking new asus g53sw gaming laptop, which is supposed to kick some major ass when it comes to gaming. However, in about 70% of the games I play there are consistent and uncontrollable drops in framerate that occour periodically. Even if i were to put the game on the lowest setting possible, it still happens. I then found that the level of GHz that my processor was putting out had a stark decline whenever these brief moments of lag occoured. In these games that were virtually unplayable on any setting the GHz seemed to be all over the place, vs. the few games which ran smoothly, where the GHz stayed at an even level. I am not sure what do do about this, and maybe the processor isn't even the problemFor those who are wondering, here's a brief of my specs:- Quad Core i7 at 2.00 GHz- 8 GB of ram-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.