I post this thread to express my point of view about X3100 as well as the others IGPS from Intel.
I moved from Ati x200M to Intel X3100 as I saw on intel website's documents that introduce who brilliant x3100 would be. However, x3100 turns out to be the worst graphic card I have ever seen. First of all, BSOD happens almost everydays will Memory Corruption issue (Vista). Then the core clock and mem clock are only at 200MHz not as advertised on intel site (500Mhz). Therefore, it is worse than x200M. Then, talking about applications, not mention about games, even Photoshop cannot run probably and so laggy. I think it is caused by HW T&L. So what the point for having new stuffs but they are useless? Intel, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTION BEFORE YOU WRITE AN INTRODUCTION TO YOUR NEW PRODUCT.
Here are my request:
- To improve x3100 as well as other GM965 IGPs, I hope you allow the fixed memory to at least 32MB (as GMA945) and extend max Vram to 25% total memory (as possible)
- Fix all of the bugs expecially memory corruption and BSOD on Vista
- Re-map the core-clock + memclock to exact as FSB rate ( I put 2x1Gb 667Mhz but it can only run at 533Mhz)
- Disable HW T&L if it is totally useless and concentrate on developing SW shader mode.
- Allow End-user to update Vbios as not many retail companies care about it (TOSHIBA, IBM and Dells)
- Do not discontinue developing it or you are really have no match with ATI
NEXT TIME, TEST YOUR PRODUCTS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU INTRODUCE IT TO EVERYONE AND TELLUS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR PRODUCTS CAN DO RATHER THAN EXEGRATING THEM
My laptop spec:
Processor: T7700 Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
Ram: Kingmax2x1Gb 667Mhz