Intel G33 chipset overscan fix please!

Intel G33 chipset overscan fix please!

Just bougth a shuttle sg33g5 with Intel G33 chipset and i cant find any program to fix the overscan.. please do something about it!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello,

I recently purchased a Asus motherboard with an integratedIntel Graphics chip. Iam using a Vizio 43 inch 1080P monitor. After reading this post and installing DTD calculator, I am a bit reluctant to try any experimenting for fear ofcausing some damage to my system. I am currently running 1024x768 @60...here is the output from my file:

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Report
Report Date:04/03/2008
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]:09:03:42
Driver Version:7.14.10.1409
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Default Language:English
DirectX* Version:10.0
Physical Memory:2038 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory:8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:358 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:161 MB
Processor:x86 family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Speed:2208 MHZ
Vendor ID:8086
Device ID:2982
Device Revision:03

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use:Intel G35 Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS:1508
Current Graphics Mode:1024 by 768 True Color (60 Hz)

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Digital Televisions: 1

* Digital Television *

Monitor Name:Generic PnP Monitor
Display Type:Digital
Gamma Value:2.20
DDC2 Protocol:Supported
Maximum Image Size:Horizontal: 36.0 inches
Vertical: 20.0 inches
Monitor Supported Modes:
640 by 480 (60 Hz)
1920 by 1080 (60 Hz)
Display Power Management Support:
Standby Mode:Not Supported
Suspend Mode:Not Supported
Active Off Mode: Not Supported

* SDVO Encoder Report *

** Encoder 1 **
Vendor ID:Silicon Image
Device ID:174
Device Revision:0
Major Version:1
Minor Version:2

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Do you have any suggestions, or should I wait for the official fix from Intel. I noticed it's been awhile ...is the any update on this?

Thanks!

I'm confused... is your problem overscan, as the thread title suggests, or something else (can't get 1080p to work, and that's why you're running at 1024x768)?

It's exceedingly unlikely you'll "damage" your system by creating new video modes for it. Some very old CRT devices were susceptible to damage by sending signals with the wrong timings, but nowadays with various flat panel displays you just end up with an "Out of Sync" or "Out of Range" message in the worst case.

What "official fix" from Intel are you hoping for?

Thanks for the reply. I think my situation is overscan, as I cannot get any other listed resolution to fit -- 1024 x 768 is the only resolution which doesn't not cut off the start menu and other desktop icons. Although there is considerable screen real estate to the left and right. The available resolutions start at 800 x 600, with the highest being 1920 x 1080.

It seems I was reading a post that there was going to be a software patch from Intel at some point. Also, is TV Wizard no longer available for Windows Vista? I did also try to install it, and the version did not install.

If DTD calculator is the best option, I'll revisitit and see if I can get the correct timing. I'm a bit of a novice and do not have strong knowledge on resolution settings.

Please advise what would be the best option...thanks!

As far as I know TV Wizard should still be there. Not sure it's supported on G33, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation about it. DTDCalculator takes most of the work out of getting the timings right, since it does everything graphically. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today