intel G33 in Shuttle SG33G5M - PowerDVD graphic card not supported

intel G33 in Shuttle SG33G5M - PowerDVD graphic card not supported

How to workaround intel G33 graphic card not supported message when i try to play Blue Ray disk in PowerDVD software?

Thank's a lot

raulvg@venasegovia.com

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Which graphics driver version are you using?

PowerDVD should support 15.4.50, 15.6.1, and 15.7 (or higher). In some cases, I've seen that people have to rebuild their Vista machine from the ground up, installing Intel drivers first, then installing PowerDVD Ultra after the Intel drivers are in place.

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver 6.14.10.4837

Information from intel graphics tool

Windows XP SP2 + Updates + PowerDVD Ultra + Intel Graphic Update

Ah, XP.

Intel graphics don't support content protection for HD DVD/Blu-ray intheir XP drivers, so PDVD Ultra won't work in XP.

ok. I should install windows vista and it's work fine?

Thank's

I've seen people get it working on Vista.

Ok. It's working !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much.

Vista stinks, Is intel ever planning to make xp drivers that will work with powerdvd? I have too many apps that don't work in vista, so I don't want to upgrade. But I now have a bluray/hddvd pc drive thats sitting here doing nothing.

Vista isnt that bad - its just very resource intensive :P

Well regardless, I want to play blue ray on my powerdvd ultra on windows xp with my intel g33 drivers. Is there any plans to make one?

No

Why is it taking so long for Intel to produce anything software related? We have waited sooo long for directx10 drivers for X3000 architecture, now again a problem with support for powerdvd... And at the same time you guys want to compete with nvidia and ati/amd on graphics side? Pha...

Dean
Web directory

Hi archibael,

i am also interested in drivers with real HDCP support for Windows XP. Are there any beta drivers or other third party drivers available?

I getting really frustrated about Intels politics concerning this issue. I paid a lot of money for my new hardware. Now i must buy another graphics card or windows vista to get
my blu ray sytem running?

drone

Intel's official policy, at this time, is that WinXP is not supported for Blu-ray. I am uncertain on the rationale for this-- it probably has to do with the difficulty of securing the video path on the older XP software stack.Presumably Vista has specific functionality which makes this more reasonable.

HDCP, in particular, actually is a separate issue, and is supported on both XP and Vista. I can't for the life of me think of any application besides Blu-ray which would actually use it, but assuming someone wanted to design a Cable Card DVR based on Intel graphics and WinXP and needed HDCP it would be there.

I'm not thrilled about it myself, as I have a nice old copy of WinXP I am running on, but I have seen no movement on this front in the last year or so and don't think there will be any.

All of which I knew when I purchased it, so my complaints are primarily self-directed.

Thanks for the info.

thanks, i help me a lot..

Quoting - archibael
Archibael, I recently reviewed this thread and installed the 15.4.50 driver. I am on Vista 32 bit and have installed an LG GGC-H20L BD/HD-DVD player that bundled with PowerDVD Ultra. The software will not allow the playback still. Per Cyberlink, I am required to have 15.8 or higher. I have not been able to locate it on the Intel site. Thanks.

Which graphics driver version are you using?

PowerDVD should support 15.4.50, 15.6.1, and 15.7 (or higher). In some cases, I've seen that people have to rebuild their Vista machine from the ground up, installing Intel drivers first, then installing PowerDVD Ultra after the Intel drivers are in place.

Raul, I'm having the same problem and have tried installing the 15.4.5 driver with no good result. can you let me know what you did to get this running? I'm on Vista 32, Thanks..

I can't for Blu-ray.

Intel's official policy, at this more reasonable.

HDCP, in particular, actually is not supported for the life of me think of any application besides Blu-ray which would actually use it, but I have a nice old copy of securing the difficulty of WinXP I am running on, but assuming someone wanted to do with the video path on the older XP software stack. Presumably Vista has specific functionality which makes this time, is that WinXP is a separate issue, and needed HDCP it would be there.

All which I knew when I purchased it, so my complaints are primarily self-directed.
I am uncertain on Intel graphics and WinXP and is supported on both XP and Vista.

I'm not thrilled about it probably has to design a Cable Card DVR based on the rationale for this-- it myself, as I have seen no movement on this front in the last year or so, and don't think there will be any.

-------------------------

Emma Henley
Sidekick Phones - Sidekick Phones - 32 HDTV LCD

Quoting - Aaron Brezenski (Intel)

15.11.2 drivers are here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2412&DwnldID=16956&strOSs=164&OSFullName=Windows Vista* 32&lang=eng

Hi,

I'm using a G33 express chipset with VISTA 32 and I cannot play Blu-Ray with Power DVD ("graphic card not supported). The detailed post is at the followink link:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2007/09/13/what-a-graphics-softwar...

Can you please support me how to make it working

Thanks in advance!

Quoting - la_toile

Hi,

I'm using a G33 express chipset with VISTA 32 and I cannot play Blu-Ray with Power DVD ("graphic card not supported). The detailed post is at the followink link:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2007/09/13/what-a-graphics-softwar...

Can you please support me how to make it working

Thanks in advance!

Aero theme in Vista need to be activated (for whatever reason).

The really dumb thing is that PowerDVD Ultra 9 is configured to disable Aero auotmaticaly when playing Blueray to save resources. And so you get that error.

Just go into the configuration of PowerDVD, under the "Blu-ray disc" tab. Click on "Advanced" and make sure that the checkbox "Allow PowerDVD to automaticaly disable Windows Aero" isnt checked.

That's all...

Thank for your info..

Jo

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today