Driver fix for 1680x1050 issue

Driver fix for 1680x1050 issue

Take a look at this. It may fix the 1680x1050 issue for some.

Symptom:

Users may be unable to use the native resolution of some displays when using Intel chipset graphics. Resolutions such as 1680x1050 and 1440x900 are not available in graphics properties.

Cause:

The display EDID is not read properly when connecting to a subset of Digital Flat Panel (DFP) displays.

Solution:

Intel has released this driver to specifically address this issue however, there may be side effects to this solution such as longer than normal resume times from standby. This solution will only work with external displays such as DFP displays. This driver is not designed to address issues with Local Flat Panel displays or TVs connected to the system. This driver is provided as is. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the driver for this purpose.

Select appropriate operating system and driver to resolve this issue:

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

LOL - side effects may include abdominal pain, agitation, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, headaches, heartburn, hair loss, longer than normal resume times from standby.......

Foranyone whose custom resolution problem wasn't solved by this, thank $DEITY we also have access toarchibael's most excellent guide.

I cannot install the above driver nomatter what procedure i follow.... i've been banging my head on the wall about this 1680x1050 issue for days!!!! everytime i try to install it I get an "Uknown error" message and "setu will exit" message. The drivers do not install and there is a message that "the drivers did not install Code(28)in the Adapter "device Status" window. Also in the device manager, the famous yellow exclamation mark appears which forces my system to go into VgaSave mode on restart.

So i guess its down to manual tinkering and for us lamers this could mean hours of "fun".....What does Intel have to say about this???

Quoting - radicalnegative1

LOL - side effects may include abdominal pain, agitation, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, headaches, heartburn, hair loss, longer than normal resume times from standby.......

Foranyone whose custom resolution problem wasn't solved by this, thank $DEITY we also have access toarchibael's most excellent guide.

Hello,

Looks like the link your provided is undergoing hair loss and cannot be found.

After installing this new patch, my 32-bit Vista still isn't showing the resolution which I need (1440x900).

Intel please help..

Monitor: Samsung 943NWX (using DVI/VGA connector)

Board : DG45ID

I will try the registry-modify method to modify the DTD values for now.. see if that'll work

Back later.

To intel's engineers : *cry*

issue fix.

the information of the custome modified INF is not making it to the registry at all.. u need to modify the registry by urself to insert new DTD data.

refer here

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/custom-resolutions-on-intel-gra...

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today