Where can I find the KB888111.exe file?

Where can I find the KB888111.exe file?

I downloaded the

document.write("Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP (exe)")
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP (exe)
and in the readme.txt it says that I need to get the KB888111.exe. Where do I get it?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

That's only if you're trying to use HDMI audio. Are you?

I don't really know what I need to be doing. I was having a crash problem with my Sims 2game. I talked to HP and they gace this link: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-016497.htmwhich described my problem exactly.

When i downloaded the Intel graphics driver I read the ReadMe file and it said to get the KB888111.exe file before installing. I wasn't having any audio issues, so i guess maybe I wouldn't need that file? I don't know, what do you think?

Look carefully. The KB888111.exe file is only for installing HDMI audio. It's the Microsoft UAA Audio Driver. The link you gave above just talks about installing the latest graphics driver, it says nothing about audio. Yes, they're packaged together for convenience, but they're completely separate. Just follow the instructions for setup.exe and you'll get the graphics driver you need.

Ignore the HDMI audio stuff.

I had a similar issue. Tried installing the driver from the setup.exe file (did not install KB8... file), and I get a dialog box stating:
"The driver installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit."

My chip (Intel 910GL express chipset) is indeed listed in the readme file, so it should work?! Any ideas?

p.s. I am also trying to solve a crashing issue encountered while running Second Life (got "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" error)

I too have a 910GL express & get the same msg box

very strange as it's definately listed both on the website & in the readme file

A coworker just had this issue and I have resolved it for her. I too was receiving the same error message while trying to run the executable file. However, I chose to download the zip file of the driver afterwards and manually choose the driver. I did not need the KB888111.exe file and her computer is working properly again.

Where in the zip file did you find this driver to manually install it?

Im facing the same problem as mentioned before (a MsgBox says my M910GML chipset not to be appropriate for the update, but it is listed).

How did you install the driver from the unzipped archive?

Help is desperately needed.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today