HDMI Question

HDMI Question

Okay, so it's not strictly a graphics question, it has something to do with sound... bear with me on this.I'm considering developing a high-def audio application which spits out high-def audio digitally over the HDMI port of an ADD2 card like the Prolink 7315. I'm not messing with HDCP-protected material right now, since that's a can of worms I don't want to open, just in-the-clear multichannel uncompressed sources.

The reason I'm asking on the Integrated Graphics forum is that the IntelGMA driver set comes bundled withthe Intel HD Audio HDMIFunctionDriver as well, and I've found zero documentation about this software or what it actually enables... if this isn't the right place to ask, where should I go?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I'm looking for the same sort of answers. Has anyone used a DG965WH with *anything* that uses the HD Audio connection? I'm just looking for a solution to get the combined video and audio sent over a single HDMI connection. If it can use audio quality better than S/PDIF that's great, but if that's all that works "today" then I'd take it.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today