Driver for GMA X3000 (HW T&L)

317 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Time to resurrect this thread.

A year past the G965 motherboards started being sold... and here we are still waiting for drivers.

Apparently we were supposed to get the final drivers this August. Can someone in Intel confirm or deny this? Can someone put a date to the "later in 2007" referred in the G965 support page.

Finally. New RELEASE driver (14.31.0.4859) are available for Win XP (for support HW Shader Model 3.0)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=2781&DwnldID=11041&strOSs=88&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Media%20Center%20Edition&lang=eng

Is this the final release or there is more to come?

Please someone validate the drivers for the games like age3,halo,splintercelldoubleagent ,nfs carbon etc also the 3d mark scores please!!!!

i'm very eager to your scores

Please someone validate the 14.31 drivers for the games like
age3,halo,splintercelldoubleagent ,nfs carbon etc also the 3d mark
scores please!!!!

i'm very eager to know your scores

these are t features added in this driver

Vertex Shader support targeting
VS3.0 hardware vertex processing

N/A

Silent install Log file additional parameter as [ResponseResult] ResultCode =

N/A

No display switching to Clone on Lid open when no device
is connected

NT-miniport

Enabled a vertex
processing selection capability to switch between hardware and software vertex
processing depending on the application

Is this the final release or there is more to come?

It is the final 14.31 release, i.e. no more beta. The drivers will continue to be revamped, though, so expect a 14.32 or .33 eventually, etc.

does the driver has support for HT and L... cause Everest said that HT&L is not supported. have a look at the attachment file

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Downloadimage/jpeg phil.JPG142.14 KB

AGP texture acceleration is still not enabled?????????

is 14.31 the last driver for GMAX3000?????with 14.31 am not able to play many games properly
Test Drive Unlimited runs very very damn slow
Spiderman 3 also runs damn slow
Fifa world cup 2006 doesnt run at all
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

prashu162:is 14.31 the last driver for GMAX3000?????with 14.31 am not able to play many games properly
Test Drive Unlimited runs very very damn slow
Spiderman 3 also runs damn slow
Fifa world cup 2006 doesnt run at all
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes "prashu162", any games crashes after ~10 minutes.

"Intel has listed programs/games that benefit more from software vertex processing than the hardware one: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-028231.htm"

Well this message kind a says that your better of NOT using hardware 'acceleration'. After a year of waiting i think that i'm gonna buy myself a real nVidia Card.

14.31 it's bad driver... (G965 it's bad product...)

will there be another release of the driver i mean will there be any more improvements to be seen if i wait for some more time becaause am also thinking of buying a graphics card

here are my benchmarks with the final 15.6 vista driver

3DMark2001SE
15.6 beta 4208
15.6 final 4310
15.4.3 5562
22.5% decrease in performance from 15.4.3

3dmark03
15.6 beta 1269
15.6 final 1710
15.4.3 1652
3.5% increase in performance from 15.4.3

3dmark05
15.6 beta 671 *Force software vertex shader off
15.6 final 882 *Force software vertex shader on
15.4.3 867
1.7% increase in performance from 15.4.3

3dmark06
15.6 beta 425 *Force software vertex shader off
15.6 final 493 *Force software vertex shader on
15.4.3 529
6.8% decrease in performance from 15.4.3, specifically because of decrease in performance of HDR/SM3.0 Canyon Flight game test

so there seems to be a huge decrease in DX8 games with the new 15.6 drivers, can anyone bench with some real world DX8 games to confirm?

the new drivers are out please can anyone list out the improvements from the previous driver

Not much improvement in new non-beta vista 15.6 drivers. the GM965 still does not seem to support hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) as well as vertex shaders.

here was the system info stats running the 14.31 XP beta drivers with 3DMark06:
Driver File igxprd32.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.4842
Driver Date 6-8-2007
Driver WHQL Certified false
Max Texture Width 4096 px
Max Texture Height 4096 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
*Max Active Hardware Lights 8
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Fixed Function Textures In Single Pass 8
*Vertex Shader Version 3.0
Pixel Shader Version 3.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 0
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 0.0 Hz
VGA Core Clock 0.0 Hz
Max VGA Memory Clock 0.0 Hz
Max VGA Core Clock 0.0 Hz
which looks all good there, but:

here's the system info with the new non-beta 15.6 Vista drivers:
Driver File igdumd32.dll
Driver Version 7.14.10.1322
Driver Date 8-24-2007
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Texture Width 4096 px
Max Texture Height 4096 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
*Max Active Hardware Lights 0
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Fixed Function Textures In Single Pass 8
Pixel Shader Version 3.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 0
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 0.0 Hz
VGA Core Clock 0.0 Hz
Max VGA Memory Clock 0.0 Hz
Max VGA Core Clock 0.0 Hz
*no Vertex Shader Version appears

the new non-beta 15.6 vista driver does have a slight improvement from the 15.6 beta drivers as it adds Max User Clipping Planes (use to be 0). However, support for hardware transform and lighting (T&L) and vertex shaders is still missing.

no man i am talking about the 14.31.1 driver for windows xp

Age of empires 3 fps reduced from 14 to 5 after installing the drivers 14.31 and 14.31.1,is ther any way to force hardware vertex processing rather than software,please somebody help

it may be possible to change vertex shader processing within the game options

Search the registry forall instances of

_age3.exe

Change it to 0 to activate HW vertex processing. You probably will not improve matters; Intel chose to set that up in SW vertex processing because the performance was better in their testing than it was in HW. But feel free to give it a try.

Age of empires 3 fps reduced from 14 to 5 after
installing the drivers 14.31 and 14.31.1,is ther any way to force
hardware vertex processing rather than software,please somebody help

What the hell are you talking about?? 1024x768x32, Shader quality Medium and everything on I am getting 35-40 fps with 14.31.1 driver. Company of Heroes benchmark performance went from 9.6 to 14.4 fps by moving from 14.31 to 14.31.1. Something is seriously wrong with the systems you guys are running at. ZDNet guy reported that with DG965WH he coudln't update the BIOS properly. I put Shader Quality to High and Shadows to High and I get 15-20 fps, very playable.

I have Core 2 Duo E6600, 2x1GB DDR2-800 Transcend RAM, with DG965 WH. 14.31.1 driver is THE best yet. Of course I can't get good 3dmark scores as some of you guys, but who cares when actual games run magnitudes better than anybody else?? Maybe you guys are running games at 2048x1536 super high and expect to not lag??

funny seeing you here too DavidC1 lol

I hope your not implying there's something wrong with my system though. It's the vista drivers lacking critical features such as hardware vertex shaders and t&l compared to the XP drivers that's the problem...(but yeah the ofther AOE3 guy must not have enough RAM or slow CPU or something)

hi there i m using D946 GZIS with GMA 3000 can u plz tell me why my video card is not performing well with Need for Speed most wanted as the graphics starts shattering with loss of performance ....driver m using is 14.31 and in DXDIAG it shows 14.10 wot does that mean??

i have the latest version for vista on my PC (15.6 i think) and it shows that the HW TLandVertix shaders are working

TormentorDuo:i have the latest version for vista on my PC (15.6 i think) and it shows that the HW TLandVertix shaders are working

where does it show HW T&L and Vertex Shaders are working? download 3dmark06 and post your system info :)

my system config is
p4 @ 3ghz
1.5 gb @ 667mhz
320 gb seagate 16 mb cache
anddddd DG965RY

games such as infernal,aoe3,CoH had an average of 14-16 fps with the beta driver,
the settings i used was 1024 X 768 (85hz) and with the default graphics settings(high)
but why i lag performance with14.31.1 ,the users with c2d processors can gain advantage but we cant say all the people may have this processors so intel should make this software switching capablity to be done by the user manually according to their need!!! and another thing with nvidia and ati graphics there is a seperate control panel to select between performance,quality or balanced but we dont have such control panels and can any one tell in which year the anti aliasing support will be enabled.i think we wont get that support because the fps will be reduced drastically when it is enabled 2x or 4x anything it may be!!

Thank you AgentJ can you explain the steps to be followed to change the option within the game and i alsowant to know that whether the 14.31 beta driver supports for vertex shader 2.0 or 3.0 reply me

I'm not sure how to do with within game as I don't have AoE3, but the 14.31beta drivers support vertex shader 2 and final 14.31 supports vertex shader 3. 14.31.1 supports automatic shader switching between hardware and software shaders depending on whichever one will run faster.

Agent_J:I'm not sure how to do with within game as I don't have AoE3, but the 14.31beta drivers support vertex shader 2 and final 14.31 supports vertex shader 3. 14.31.1 supports automatic shader switching between hardware and software shaders depending on whichever one will run faster.

That's not what the 14.31.1 driver brings. 14.31 driver brings that feature to switch between software and hardware vertex shader. Man people are misinformed. 14.31.1 driver just fixes the bug related to it.

can i please know how to improve adapter memory size from 224 to 384?..thanks...
btw, i'm using g965, gma x3000...thanks...

Is it the end of the drivers????

Assuming you're talking about Vista, you need >1.5GB of memory to get the full 384MB video memory. XP should permit you the 384MB based on what you've selected in the BIOS.

prashu162:Is it the end of the drivers????

Nope. 14.32 is coming, as is 15.7. The drivers live on!

(though supposedly 14.32 will be the last drivers which support 945G on XP)

ohh so i guess we have to wait much longer for the final GMA X3000 drivers

archibael:

prashu162:Is it the end of the drivers????

Nope. 14.32 is coming, as is 15.7. The drivers live on!

(though supposedly 14.32 will be the last drivers which support 945G on XP)

do u/does anyone know what the time frame is for the 14.32/15.7 drivers to be released?

will 15.7 finally give X3000/X3100 Vista users HW T&L/Vertex Shader support?

prashu162:ohh so i guess we have to wait much longer for the final GMA X3000 drivers

Wait, what do you mean by "final"? Driver updates happen all the time to fix bugs and the like. "Final" means "no more improvements". I don't think you want this.

If you mean "final" as in "supports HW T&L officially", you've already got it: 14.31 and 15.6 and onwards.

Agent_J:
do u/does anyone know what the time frame is for the 14.32/15.7 drivers to be released?

will 15.7 finally give X3000/X3100 Vista users HW T&L/Vertex Shader support?

There is a bug in the 15.6 drivers which gets repaired in 15.7 regarding whether HW T&L gets reported properly to some applications:

BugID: 2446955,

Add VertexProcessingCaps (FFTnL caps) to reported caps for Windows Vista*

D3D

Windows Vista*,
Windows Vista*-64

Intel G965 Express Chipset, Intel GM965 Express Chipset

This is due to some issues with how the Microsoft Direct3D9 runtime reports HW capabilities to querying applications, and I suspect itaddresses your concern.

As for the "when", the roadmaps I've seen imply mid-to-late October, +/- a couple weeks.

will AGP TEXTURE ACCELERATION be enabled in the future driver versions??????

interesting...so 15.6 already supports HW Vertex Shaders and T&L for Vista? then why does the performance not increase like it does in XP with the 14.31 driver counterpart?

My understanding is that per the bug listed above,software which is querying the capabilities of the graphics chipset through theIDirect3D9::GetDeviceCaps function call is getting back a response indicating the HW T&L capability doesn't exist, so software emulation is enabled instead. For the IDirect3D9Device::GetDeviceCaps call, the response is accurate.

Software whichuses...Device::...would, presumably, not exhibit this behavior.Having the capability and not reporting that it exists is probably fundamentally indistinguishable from not having the capability at all inmany if not most situations, so this is definitely a problem.

I'd follow the RSS feed (http://feeds.downloadcenter.intel.com/rss/?p=2842&lang=eng) and wait for 15.7 to show up. Tedious, yes, but unless a 15.6.3 is announced it sounds like the next available.

I've tested out the new drivers both on Vista and on XP, and in both scenarios Black and White 2 and Warcraft 3 runs at much lower FPS than with the previous drivers. On the plus side, EVE Online runs much better on XP with the new drivers, than it did on Vista, but i suspect that it only got a performance boost because of XP and not the drivers.
I sure hope they fix whatever is wrong with the new drivers, because it would suck to stay on old drivers with no T&L etc. because it makes alot of games unplayable.

I have the same experience over here.
whatever changes that were made to the 15.6.1 vista drivers seem to completely destroy gaming performance BIG TIME! Here are my benchmarks:

3DMark2001SE
15.4.3 5562
15.6 beta 4208
15.6 final 4310
15.6.1 2872
51.6% decrease in performance from 15.4.3

3dmark03
15.4.3 1652
15.6 beta 1269
15.6 final 1710
15.6.1 963
58.2% decrease in performance from 15.4.3

3dmark05
15.4.3 867
15.6 beta 671 *Force software vertex shader off
15.6 final 882 *Force software vertex shader on
15.6.1 459 *Force software vertex shader on
52.9% decrease in performance from 15.4.3

3dmark06
15.4.3 529
15.6 beta 425 *Force software vertex shader off
15.6 final 493 *Force software vertex shader on
15.6.1 359 *Force software vertex shader on
67.9% decrease in performance from 15.4.3

Man i have a Celeron 530 1.73 Ghz and only score 456 in 3dmark06 with the 15.4.3 driver, and a wooping 268 with the 15.6.1 driver :(
I'm starting to think i screwed myself by going Celeron with the X3100 because the CPU is at 100% and gives me 1 FPS when playing EVE-Online and theres 30 ships it has to render. I hope the 15.6.2 is gonna help on the FPS with T&L, if not it still might be easier to sell this laptop when i can say it supports T&L hehe.

OCTOBER is slowly passing away without any new release of the drivers.
Will there be a release this month?????:-(

15.6.2 should be out within this month. Let's just hope it it's not as useless as 15.6.1 which i doubt anyone is using since it's so slow and bugged.

What CPU do you have JayPizzle?? I have Core 2 Duo E6600 on XP and Warcraft 3 runs with no lag at 1024x768 everything highest. I would say 30-50 fps.

Agent_J: I know some other Vista user that gets higher scores in 3dmark06 than you(imperial from VR-Zone), btw. Much too high.

http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=309411

The thread also gets much higher 3dmark06 than you do. Maybe you want to check something out :P.

I'm on a Celeron 530, but I do not have any problems with Warcraft 3 on the 15.4.4 drivers, so that is not the problem, but the drivers that Intel releases, or right now is not releasing, are the problem :(

JayPizzle:I'm on a Celeron 530, but I do not have any problems with Warcraft 3 on the 15.4.4 drivers, so that is not the problem, but the drivers that Intel releases, or right now is not releasing, are the problem :(

How about on XP?? You said you had much lower performance with even the XP drivers. I sure don't have that. I know Vista drivers have a problem, but you also mentioned XP.

Agent_J, are you sure you are running a Core 2 Duo laptop?? I have posted numerous times about your score being way too low even for Vista on 3dmark scores. Like I said, you can only get 350 on 3dmark06 while other users with Core 2 Duo and Vista report 500+. I would suggest you check out what is up with your system first.

I tested Black and White 2, Medieval Totalwar 2 Warcraft 3 and EVE - Online with Windows XP and the newest X3100 drivers for XP. With Black and White 2 and Medieval the games graphics were much better, even when setting the games at the lowest settings. No matter what i did, the graphics quality would remeain good and the FPS would be very low. When i ran them in Vista with the 15.4.4 driver , the graphics were very bad but the FPS were a lot higher. The 15.6.1 driver for Vista did not increase graphics quality but made the games run with just as low FPS as on XP.
Warcraft 3 had no changes in graphics quality but ran alot smoother than it does on Vista with the 15.4.4 and 15.6.1 where the 15.6.1 driver makes it unplayable as mentioned earlier. EVE - Online ran the same way as Warcraft 3.
I'm starting to think that with XP, the Hardware T&L is enabled, and the Celeron isn't powerfull enough to handle that, so the graphics quality increases, but the FPS drops. But from what i've heard, theres some problems with T&L hardware/software support which is not triggering correctly depending on what will run best in the drivers, so i'll stick it out for the new drivers, otherwise i think i'll sell this and buy something with a real GPU :)

JayPizzle:I tested Black and White 2, Medieval Totalwar 2 Warcraft 3 and EVE - Online with Windows XP and the newest X3100 drivers for XP. With Black and White 2 and Medieval the games graphics were much better, even when setting the games at the lowest settings. No matter what i did, the graphics quality would remeain good and the FPS would be very low. When i ran them in Vista with the 15.4.4 driver , the graphics were very bad but the FPS were a lot higher. The 15.6.1 driver for Vista did not increase graphics quality but made the games run with just as low FPS as on XP.
Warcraft 3 had no changes in graphics quality but ran alot smoother than it does on Vista with the 15.4.4 and 15.6.1 where the 15.6.1 driver makes it unplayable as mentioned earlier. EVE - Online ran the same way as Warcraft 3.
I'm starting to think that with XP, the Hardware T&L is enabled, and the Celeron isn't powerfull enough to handle that, so the graphics quality increases, but the FPS drops. But from what i've heard, theres some problems with T&L hardware/software support which is not triggering correctly depending on what will run best in the drivers, so i'll stick it out for the new drivers, otherwise i think i'll sell this and buy something with a real GPU :)

Actually, I think this is why its slower on XP and it looks better.

It looks better on XP because as Archibael said there might be a problem where Vista driver have a bug with the hardware mode support(hardware T&L/Vertex Shaders).

There are couple of reasons why XP runs slower on your system than Vista.
1. Remember reading about the driver having the ability to switch between hardware and software mode depending on the game?? Well, read on.
2. Intel enabled the ability to dynamically switch between the two modes because of the reason that Core 2 Duos are superior to GMA X3000's hardware T&L, hence on games that will benefit from hardware T&L, it'll run it on the CPU instead. However on games that are shader intensive like Battlefield 2, the X3000 will perform better than the CPU.
3. However, it doesn't look like the driver is advanced enough to optimize on a different CPU(or Intel purposely did not optimize it so Core 2 Duo users have an advantage over a user having say, Celeron M)
4. Therefore, people that does not have mid to high end Core 2 Duo CPUs will suffer when the driver enables software mode, simply because the GMA X3000 is faster.

That is THE reason why P4 users on XP with GMA X3000 reports bad scores, while Core 2 Duo users like me don't. Because the drivers dynamically switch between software and hardware, running on software mode will suffer performance loss with slower CPUs.

BTW, head here for Crysis screenshots on GMA X3000 with some performance data: http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=129343&page=32

Hmmm... not sure how "dynamic" it is. IIRC, there's a registry setting for each game which is run in SW mode. Check the .INF files that come with the drivers for details. I think the registry entryis the name of the game's executable with an underscore in front of it, and you turn on/off software decode with a 1 or a 0 in the entry.

I caved in and ordered parts to assemble a new desktop PC, since I sold my other because i figured the laptop could handle Medieval Totalwar 2 when proper drivers came out. I'm guessing I will always suffer from the fact that the Celeron can't bring much to the X3100.

Pages

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today