Driver for GMA X3000 (HW T&L)

317 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
acidicX:

It seems that the 14.32 got a bug (even though I can't find it - runs fine for me) and so they removed the dl. For all those who want to try the 14.32 (even if it has virtually no performance improvements imho) I upped it at rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/80314095/GFX_XP32_14.32.0.4885_PV_Intel.rar.html

But I remind you: as the 14.32 is not officially released for the X3100 Intel has no responsibilitys to help you on any issues. Neither do I for providing the dl.

Some of you complain about that very HW intensive games are not running properly.
An IGP is not built for games. If you want to game, buy a system with a dedicated graphics card, but you won't get5 hours battery lifetime with a GF8-Series built in.You simply can't complain if Crysis does not run fast on an IGP, even with low settings.It's simply not made for it. IGPs are made to run office apps, just basic stuff, because they should produce virtually no heat or consume a lot of power.

BUT on the other hand, Intel said the X3100 would have DX10 support (which also means SM3.0, as it's part of the DX10 specs).This was a year ago. So, it was kind of an advertisement lie, because we still don't have it.

Even the old game "Settlers 5" bluescreens on XP, so there are also some serious issues with the drivers, even if they don't have the promised support yet.

To Robert:
I've got the 6510b, too. The X3100 can get up to 384mb from the system's memory (RAM). Thats also on the HP website I think.. ;-)

To tell you the truth, Intel never advertised the X3100 as DX10 part. Their presentations did, but that was not intended to the end-user, its meant for the motherboard manufacturers and system developers.

14.32improved performance and fixed texture bugs in BF2. Previous drivers show flashing ground on the game.

And X3100 is much weaker compared to the X3000. Plus the X3x00 architecture has only 2 ROPs and 4 TMUs. That's half of the pixel throughput of the GMA950, and the lowest discrete graphics cards. There are games that must be played on software mode for the X3100 because the hardware mode is slow, but same game can be played on the X3000 without software mode.

Wish you all a very happy new year :)

acidicX - I also think that Intel somehow lied potential customers saying that X3100 will be MUCH faster then 950 is. At least they promised that it will be able to run DX10 games - which IS something ...
Although I'm not newbie in graphics, I believed that this IGM can be fast enough to play 1-2 years old games at reasonable speed. I know that it's not a solution for people who want to play Crysis, but I think that it should be fast enough for games like NBA Live, FIFA, Doom 3, 3D Settlers, NFS Most Wanted and Carbon. And what we've got? Framerate of NBA Live 08 at 1024x768 in medium/high details is around 15fps, Settlers II 10th Anniversary is playable at 1280x800 but I have to cut most of the details (shaders REALLY slow this game down) and still I have artifacts (shadows are not displayed correctly), NFS Carbon is playable only at 800x600 in very low details ... What is clearly visible is that this IGM is good for playing but only resolutions =< 800x600. At higher ones there are BIG performance drops. Besides that there are just too many bugs in drivers - this is not first IGM from Intel and I expect to have mature product.

David - do you mean that X3100 is slower then X3000?? In pdf file with X3x00 comparison, this IGM seems to have more features (only X3500 should be faster ... ). How does it look like in real?

TIA for answer.

robertw3d:
David - do you mean that X3100 is slower then X3000?? In pdf file with X3x00 comparison, this IGM seems to have more features (only X3500 should be faster ... ). How does it look like in real?

TIA for answer.

Exactly. Generally laptop parts are clocked lower than desktop parts to save power. X3000 is at 667MHz core and X3100 is at 500MHz. And as you would know, graphics chips love memory bandwidth. Desktop X3000 can use DDR2-800 with G965 chipset and laptop X3100 can use only DDR2-667 with GM965 chipset. Intel does seem to try to make mobile parts more advanced, but the basics of the X3100 is slower than the X3000. They are essentially based off the same architecture, aside from the DX10 support on theX3100 and faster clock on the X3000.

It's like comparing Geforce 7600 with Geforce 8400. The latter has DX10 features and a more advanced architecture, but the former is faster. That's like the same thing with X3100 and X3000. It runs Crysis at all lowest 800x600 with 8-12 fps, why bother running Ultra High to get DX10??

I'll give you where I got this theory:

3dmark05 results, 14.32 drivers, XP

Software T&L/VS

T7300/2GB DDR2-667/X3100

E6600/2GB DDR2-800/X3000

Not much difference there, considering the hardware difference.

Hardware T&L/VS

T7300/2GB DDR2-667/X3100

E6600/2GB DDR2-800/X3000

The measily 7% difference in software mode widened to 45% in hardware!! This tells that the X3000 architecture scales very well with memory bandwidth and core clock speed.

From the scant benchmarks I could find, the X3500 is 10-20% faster than the X3100. It doesn't have anything noticeable for architecture difference, its clocked same as X3000 and has same amount of shaders. They must have modified the internal architecture or something. Anyways, if my theory is true, they'll need the X4500 in the Montevina platform to catch up to the X3000 in the desktop, and the X4500 in the desktop will be far, far ahead.

DavidC1:And X3100 is much weaker compared to the X3000. Plus the X3x00 architecture has only 2 ROPs and 4 TMUs. That's half of the pixel throughput of the GMA950, and the lowest discrete graphics cards.

Really? So it's no wonder why the X3x00 is slower than the 950...
GJ Intel :-X

acidicX:
DavidC1:And X3100 is much weaker compared to the X3000. Plus the X3x00 architecture has only 2 ROPs and 4 TMUs. That's half of the pixel throughput of the GMA950, and the lowest discrete graphics cards.

Really? So it's no wonder why the X3x00 is slower than the 950...
GJ Intel :-X

Hmm. I think some of the games that perform really bad like Portal and TF on Half Life 2 engine can perform much better. The performance in Half Life 2 is really good. OpenGL driver also sucks, so it can't run ET: Quake Wars, and runs really slow on Quake 4/Doom 3/Prey. The problem is, Nvidia/ATI's drivers are really that much better.

Performance on Half Life 2/Battlefield 2 is how X3000 should perform across lots of games, with the optimized driver. Doom 3 gets 10 fps on 640x480 low on the first scene walking around. Now that's a driver problem, not a hardware problem. It should be able to get 30 fps not 10. In comparison, Geforce 7150M gets 36 fps with AMD Turion. Geforce 7150M also has 2 ROP and something like 2 TMU.

New driver released today ,download it form the graphics controller download section,is there any improvements!!!!

the resolution problem is fixed :) but enabling smoke in NFS Prostreet restarts the system :(

The issue I reported (trying to scale at native resolution) appears to be fixed.

Performance-wise, seems very similar to 14.31.1, although Guild Wars performance in HW, SW andnon-forced modesnow seems very similar on my T7100/X3100 (SW used to be better).

It's probably a bit more consistent in HW and non-forced modes, so I'm changing my recommendation for GW to not force the mode.

With 14.31,I was able to playgames like World in Conflict and Crysis. After 14.32, Crysis was fine but World in Conflict started to hang. Now with the driver 14.32.3, both of the games have started giving Blue Screen Of Death. Intel tries to fix one issue and the the working thing goes bad. I think Intel should rent Nvidia Driver Developers to fix GMA issues.

can u tell me what are all the features supported by the current intel driver?

tccwin:With 14.31,I was able to playgames like World in Conflict and Crysis. After 14.32, Crysis was fine but World in Conflict started to hang. Now with the driver 14.32.3, both of the games have started giving Blue Screen Of Death. Intel tries to fix one issue and the the working thing goes bad. I think Intel should rent Nvidia Driver Developers to fix GMA issues.

Whaat??!? Well, I have not been able to run World in Conflict in all the beta drivers, or the production drivers after that. 14.31pb/14.31b/14.31/14.31.1/14.32/14.32.3 all did not run World in Conflict. My system just crashed. For Crysis, I have not seen improvements or degradation in any of the drivers.

Hi friends this is my 1st post here.Though I have been using this community for quite a while now(just by reading the comments written by you guys).I have just bought intel dg965ry motherboard.i have installed the 14.32.3 driver.The "everest" software is showing that hw tnl is not supported.Soi contacted intel and this is what they had to say............"Hello again Arpan,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

Hardware transform and lighting and Vertex Shader have been implemented
on the drivers under PV14.32.3

You can download these drivers at the following website:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2576&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21

"

I can't understand whats the problem .plz help me out.Thanx in advance for any kind of help.

hi thr .. even i'm not able run nfs pro street in my 14.32.3 drivers ... my game crashes after a black screen .. i'm runnin a dg965ry board wit 3.0ghz dual core processor.. and i meet all the minimum requirements.. But EA support jus asked me to install the latest latest drivers available for my GMA... i think 14.32.3 is the latest available for x3000... is anythin latest available than 14.32.3....? and how can i ensure tat my board supports hw tnl....? is thr anythin i can do for it ....? pls help me ...!!!!!!!!!!

NFS Pro Steet runs fine on Vista, crashes on XP.

the g965 series support h/w TnL. dont worry.

read this thread- www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60232 ,

that guy has same motherboard as yours & he has tested 50+ games

I know that g965 express chipset has the required hw tnl support.But my point is whether 14.32.3(6.14.10.4906)driver invokes it or not.If it enables it, then why "EVEREST" shows hw tnl is not supported?Is it that we have to believe it in abstract????....confusing.

deep_chatterje:I know that g965 express chipset has the required hw tnl support.But my point is whether 14.32.3(6.14.10.4906)driver invokes it or not.If it enables it, then why "EVEREST" shows hw tnl is not supported?Is it that we have to believe it in abstract????....confusing.

Sigh. Go back to the main page and look for the information aboutX3000's hardware T&L that I posted.

I keep telling people, it had hardware support ever since 14.31 drivers back August last year damn it.

Hi! Any news regarding when drivers will be released for GMA X3000 ?

Thanks

La Casa De Puros

Cuban cigars

I have just tried "portal" in intel dg965ry motherboard,with 1gb ram.It performs terribly bad.The game stucks again n again.Any one else has tried it?Any solution?

The hardware of intel GMA X3000 is good butIntel should focus more on fixinglatest game bugs. I can play Crysis on DG965RY with 10 FPS on low settings. But even after intel has released around three drivers, after launch of crysis, why is the graphic still corrupt and lot of memory errorsin console when the map is loaded. The state of the game is still same even after appling patch 1.1 for crysis and using latest drivers ( 15.7.3 ).

Now even the driver 15.7.3 has a video bios, but its not updated in DG965RY motherboard bios. Is this the way Intel will be dealing with its loyal customers. I have been using Intel original boards since 1998 and update system every 2 years.

Does the drivers properly enable HSR at all?? I mean things like Early Z/Intermediate Z, the ones that does Hidden Surface Removal. When I purposely downclocked my memory from 800MHz to 667MHz, I found that the 20% increase in memory bandwidth was responsible for 10-11% increase in performance. 50% performance increase for every 100% increase in memory bandwidth probablymeans a bottleneck is there somewhere on the architecture.

Why is everything slow on the X3100?? I heard that Warcraft III gets 25 fps with 640x480 low, while some people report same with 800x600 low on newer games like Battlefield 2!! Maybe using too much memory bandwidth because it doesn't have HSR methods or its a bad implementation is hurting performance?? I can't believe how DX6/7 game with really outdated graphics effects and a new DX9 game performs similar in some cases.

How exactlly do you expect us to believe achieving "Gold Standard" of drivers in 2-3 years when its not even in "Lead Standard" now??

WOW, things
still that way, what a shame.

All I can say to Intel (if they at least read posts here anyway)

NEVER EVER SELL SOMETHING YOU DO NOT HAVE

---

This GMA
driver issue is not important to me anymore, my GMA is disabled (a little
workaround I found out in the BIOS) and almost forgotten.

But I still
waiting for an official option in the BIOS to disable the GMA.

And, in the
era of 4GB+ RAM I would like to see and be able to use an option in the BIOS to
force physical address allocation for hardware above the 32bit limits
(suggestion: at the limits of 36bit(PAE) extension), so finally users could
have use of the full physical memory installed in the system, well, I guess
this one we consumers will never see in the now available Intel MoBos

I have bought new Acer Extensa 5220 notebook (Celeron M530 - 1.73 GHz, 1024 MB, Intel GMA x3100, Windows XP HE) and I tried to play a several old games...

And I was surprised by a very poor performance. Warcraft 3 is slow. Really SLOW! It's much more slower than on my ancient desktop system (i440bx, Pentium-III Tualatin - 1200(1350) MHz , 512 MB PC133 SDRAM, Radeon 9200SE 64 MB, Windows XP HE). WoW, NfSU, NfSU2 much more playable than Warcraft 3 on x3100, but still - i've expected that performance in games will be better than on 7-years old PC.

First I thought that main problem here is outdated drivers. But driver update given me a little of performance boost...

And still I cannot understand what is the problem. The fps in Warcraft (with almost everything set to minimum) is around 15-20.

Can anyone give me a little of advice that might help me in this problem?

Thats strange, i was getting 50 fps in both Vista and XP in Warcraft 3. My resolution was at 1024x768, and most options were set to high.

Could you tell me your system configuration?

Maybe you run WC3 on desktop system with dual-core processor and Intel GMA x3000 adapter?

HI, there guys hope all are fine....

K, did intel launched G35 based desktop motherboards???
(like ASUS did (ASUS P5E-V/VM HDMI)???)

G35 model from intel "DG35PLM" is available in india (i dont know other models based on it)!!! i dont know how its happening without official anouncement on intel website both in global and local indian site ...???

here is the proof!! go to this site below!!!

http://compuneed.net/motherboard.asp

Have intel forgot to upload this motherboard model other than remembering uploading luxurious D5400XS motherboard???
should i try to buy this board???
because iam using DG965RY board and because of the poor driver for display made me to buy an Discreet card..!!! : ( i think this board will also have the same problem!!! ADVICE ME GUYs!!!

so it's already med february what's the status of the new drivers I just hope teh minor games bugs are fixed sure probably a better handling for older games but not a really big hope for now

14.33 is internally released and should show up externally next week. 15.8 hasn't shown up internally yet, but should be on a similar schedule.

Why wait for the new drivers?? The advancements have been standstill since 14.31.1 drivers. Now, all I hear is how worse the new driver is blah blah. Maybe the potential of the X3000/X3100 was reached quite a while ago, and its not potent as we hoped.

well maybe but then again there are some bugs that would be good to have solved so archibael you are the closest to the development team any idea if they are at the limit of the card of should we keep some hope

Absolutely no idea, guys, sorry. I get advance notice of releases. I have very little idea about progress beyond that.

Though if you think you can do better and know how to write Win32 drivers, the Programmer's Reference Manuals were just released into the wild:

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html

archibael wrote the following post at 02-17-2008 6:07 PM: 14.33 is internally released and should show up externally next week.
15.8 hasn't shown up internally yet, but should be on a similar
schedule.

archibael, many thanks for the info. The week is over, let us know please about updates, if any.

P.S. Age of Mythology (Edition with Titans) still has owefull artifacts with the sea and also in the borders, where the fog area touches the visible area. Hope it will be changed

15.8 is released internally as well. I'd expect to see both XP and Vista drivers up by Friday.

Hi i have been watching this site for awhile now and it was said that 15.8 Vista drivers would be out today. I was just wondering are they going to arrive today as i've checked and only 15.7.3 is only available but no 15.8. if not how long a delay are we looking at? also what improvements will it bring. if possible please can i have the change log!.

Also i am having problems with COD4 i can only get 5-10 FPS on 640x800 low on everything and the fancy stuff off. but i've seen others hit 30 FPS+. I'm running a Intel Centrino Duo 1.66GHZ on a Intel 965GM laptop with X3100 GMA. any help would be gratefully recieved!

Josh Bancroft Can you plzz tell us when will the new drivers be released?????

The adequate driver will hardly ever come.
Intel, do smth easier, make a show "Let's celebrate the first day of spring!", but no programming/hardware, please, during this show -- you will fail.

I'm starting to regret getting my laptop now, i wish i spent the extra money to a dedicated G8600M, it would off been alot easier then. Come on intel please let us know when the drivers both 15.8 and 14.33 be out. I converted from AMD for you guys!

Why would anyone think IGP is in anyway up to the standards of the discrete graphics?? It has never been like that so why would it change now. The thing is ok for IGP standards. Somehow everybody expected magic out of the IGP.

Intel can barely make a functioning software that they bundle with their motherboards. I can't see how they can make much complex softwares like graphics drivers. Nothing has changed since they released the hardware T&L/VS drivers back in August 2007. No subsequent drivers releases would do ANYTHING for me. It's my failing hope to wait for the next drivers but I think nothing is gonna change with the upcoming drivers either.

I thanks Intel to take out some time to create some better drivers this time. NowI am atleast able to play Crysis with holding the gun correctly. Still there is a corruption in displaying water in Crysis. I am also waiting for Intel to release bios update for DG965RY as driver 15.8 contains updated vbios. NowI can hope that intel can also create DX10.1 drivers for X3000. I wish intel could release beta drivers every 15 days as atleast even out of many issues,if onegets resolved we will be very happy for atleast 15 days. As Nvidia is always up to the mark when they say they will do it, Intel should also follow the same customer experience. I wish "BEST OF LUCK" for future updates.

tccwin:I thanks Intel to take out some time to create some better drivers this time. NowI am atleast able to play Crysis with holding the gun correctly. Still there is a corruption in displaying water in Crysis. I am also waiting for Intel to release bios update for DG965RY as driver 15.8 contains updated vbios. NowI can hope that intel can also create DX10.1 drivers for X3000. I wish intel could release beta drivers every 15 days as atleast even out of many issues,if onegets resolved we will be very happy for atleast 15 days. As Nvidia is always up to the mark when they say they will do it, Intel should also follow the same customer experience. I wish "BEST OF LUCK" for future updates.

Sorry to disappoint. There won't be a DX10.1 driver for X3000 or even the next X4500. One of the requirements, 4xAA using MSAA method, can't be fulfilled. The architecture only supports single sample, therefore 1x, which is nothing. It was my mis-interpretation that led me to think it would support DX10.1. Nope.

Intel drivers 15.9 ready and are much better than 15.8, butI am not sure that if theysupport DX10. I hope intel releases it soon. Thease drivers are been tested by AnandTech.

The 15.9 drivers are press release drivers - ahead of time and unfinished. Anandtech has played with them, but not tested them.

If you look here, anandtech still used 15.8 for testing:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=3

And if you have a look at the middle of these three screenshots
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=8

you will recognize that intel is faaaar away in driver development.

7oby:The 15.9 drivers are press release drivers - ahead of time and unfinished. Anandtech has played with them, but not tested them.

If you look here, anandtech still used 15.8 for testing:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=3

And if you have a look at the middle of these three screenshots
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=8

you will recognize that intel is faaaar away in driver development.

7oby, Anandtech did test 15.9 drivers, however they only mentioned it in words not actual testing. They also said it improves compatibility for audio/video devices. They said nothing about 3D. According to Anandtech, the time of the launch will be similar to the 4 series chipset.

About the Anandtech screenshot for Unreal Tournament 3: The pre-15.8/14.33 drivers did not have rendering problems. It had perfect image. I am pretty sure Intel will try to address the bugs(crashing in WoW, UT3/3DMark image corruption in hardware) on the bug fix version of the driver. That is, 15.8.1/14.33.1 driver.

The "new features" driver always had substantial problems. 14.31, 14.32, 14.33 all had substantial problems. The bug-fix versions, which added 0.1 or 0.3 after the version name, fixed those issues. It's probably wise not to wait for 15.9, but 15.8.1 and 15.9.1.

The driver after than should be the DX10 driver. I am expecting some changes in that driver as it will be an major overhaul of the driver since they have to rewrite it. Perhaps the change will be for the better, perhaps not.

What Intel X3x00 15.9 drivers are better then 15.8 how can you tell they havent been released! If you do have a copy of the drivers i'd like to test them!!

Cause they haven't released it, that's why!! 15.9 are beta drivers that are only rumored to be released for testing inside Intel. 15.9 drivers aren't even on their internal website, which is where it is released to before it comes to us customers. And before they released 15.x or 14.3x, they always released 15.x.x and 14.3x.x, and if they have kept up the pattern which they have been maintaining for at least an year or so, we won'tsee them until April. We have yet to see 15.8.1 or 14.33.1 or whatever they will be named, the drivers that will fix the bugs to 15.8 and 14.33.

I am waiting for the drivers too, but I am not paranoid enough to believe something is released that its not.

Thanks for info, i'm really hoping the next set of VGA driver are better. BF2142 runs abit smoother with 15.8 but BF2 doesn't. Guildwars can't even hit 30fps or more even on low settings hope all the bugs are fixed soon.

I've noticed one new glitch in the new drivers... While playing Quake 4 using the "Intel Recommended" settings. The sky in the 'Aquaduct' and the'Aquaduct Annex'levels are very glitchy and tend to transfer over to other parts of the levels...

On a seperate note... I recently downgraded my laptopfromVista Home Premium to XP Professional... I've noticed that games seem to work fast partly due to Vista being a complete hog... But was wondering if the SP1 released today has adressed any of these issues?

What CPU do you have and are you on Vista or XP (I'm guessing Vista since you mention 15.8)? I've got a T7100on XP, and at fullscreen 1280x800 I maintain 20-30 FPS in any part of Guild Wars - including Lornar's Pass with all the snow, and Lion's Arch (though Halloween put a bit of a strain on it ...).

Settings are medium-high - medium terrain, terrain and sky reflections, high textures, shadows off, low-quality shaders, post-processing effects (bloom) on. Doesn't really matter if I use auto-mode, or force hardware or software shaders in GW (SW shaders are marginally faster in most areas though - fast dual-core CPU - before the 14.32 drivers, SW was considerably faster than HW).

I just wish Intel would implement 2xMSAA, even if only in software (e.g. in a separate thread, so it can happen on my second core). GW looks so much better with any level of AA ... For now, 14.32.3 work best for me - 14.33 are a little unstable at times.

Hey guys have anybody tried games like NFS prostreet in the 965 chipset.

If anyone then please tell us about ur xperience

Pages

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today