Driver for GMA X3000 (HW T&L)

317 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I have a T5450 Intel Centino Duo 1.66ghz CPU coupled with 2GB DDR 667 in Dual Channel.
I get around 15-20fps if i'm really lucky. I'm using Vista and also now OSX 10.5.2 Leopard so i'll test GW in OSX using cider to see if i get any better fps.

Would you thing the intel turbo memory will help as my laptop didn't have it and i have noticed that people with the ITM chip in get better FPS then people whom don't have the ITM chip.

I have recently tested spiderman 3 in windows xp with the 14.33
driver.the game is running damn slow,it is unplayable.Is there
any solution?does it run fine on windows vista?What abt the 14..33.1
driver?Is there any improvement?

If anyone have tried tested games like NFS PRO street then please let me know.

Let me crosspost something. 15.8 is already released, but anyway:

Expected Release Date:

15.8.x driver-Very Soon, IF they do not skip for 15.9 driver
15.9 driver-Late April to Early May

15.9 driver features
-AVC, VC1, MPEG2 hardware acceleration support
-Something called Non-linear Anamorphic Scaling support(I don't know if GM965 support this) and better image quality
-New power saving technology*(again, I don't know if this is GM45 exclusive or it'll come for GM965/GL960)
*Enhanced DPST 4.0, Seamless Display Refresh Rate Switching Technology and Smart 2D Display Technology 2.0
-Looking like a DX10 driver, at least its a minimum driver requirement for G45 and GM45 IGPs.

G35/GM965's DX10 support in hardware seems to be sort of an half-arsed
approach, and though it doesn't seem as primitive as GMA 950 did in
regards to DX9, it really is a bare-minimum approach to DX10
compatibility. True DX10 support will only come with G45/GM45.

(It looks like GM965 has Display Refresh Rate Switching Technology in
hardware, but not enabled yet by drivers. Might be able to get a
slightly better battery life with 15.9 if nothing else)

Source (a nice thread anyway):
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=3169716#post3169716

15.8 driver is released but 15.8.x is not. Whether it'll be 15.8.1 or 15.8.2 or 15.8.3 I don't know. But its not released. And the driver versions with the third number is what I consider a bug-fix driver. For XP there is 14.33.1.

G965/GM965/G35 only has support for MPEG btw. The other features like VC1 and AVC is for next gen.

Hello all,

The Driver 15.8 is somewhat OK, but it cleared the error of graphic corruption in the game crysis but the game Gears of war had heavy graphic corruption (unable to view anything) although with driver versions 15.7 and 14.32.3 the game gears of war was playable and also Crysis had the graphic corruption problem....
is this a some childs play???

I bought INTEL DG965RY after reading the technical review (which showed unique capabilities) from INTEL with loyalty and lots of hope ...

( I know these games are Graphic intensive but at least they should be playable at least when compared to ATI or NVIDIA MCP73UM (Geforce7150) series which are weak hardware but strong when used in 3D applications compared with G965,G35 and may be upcoming G45)

There is no steady graphic driver release from INTEL, i think they are ignoring Graphical part....
In my behalf i would like to say INTEL should at least try to make latest 3D games playable at 1024x768 resolution with low - Medium mixed graphic settings....
and few applications like ADOBE acrobat reader etc which needs graphic card with high refresh rates should be given preference for new driver release...

Also INTEL could have release ADVANCE BIOS for advance users to have few
overclocking abilities for all motherboards at least from 965 series to
4 series and basic bios for business purpose as stock BIOS without Overclocking features...

Also INTEL is trying to compete with other manufacturers with G45 could it defeat ATI 780G and NVIDIA MCP7A series in future...without proper driver???

ATI 780G has 3Dmark06 score about 1550 with clock speed overclocked IGP max to 950Mhz will INTEL G45 will touch it at least with its stock speed...??

time will show....

For now i lost hopes on INTEL IGP 'DG-IGP' or 'G - IGP' models also 'DP-Discreet' 'P-Discreet' desktop boards and chipset boards which have less processor support although the motherboads have the compatibility and ability but are costly to buy compared to other Intel based chipset manufacturers..

If it continues the peoples may shift from INTEL CHIPSET or Desktop boards to other IGP motherboard manufacturers....and it might cause INTEL to"LEAP BACKWARDS" and might loose all its reputation in IGP sector and might loose leadership in manufacturing IGP motherboards to others..

This was all my anger on INTEL motherboards with IGP guys i feel light now....
bye bye...

Actually v15.9 beta 7.14.10.1451 is available here:
http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafikkarten/intel_grafiktreiber/

However I do not advise installing it (scroll up, read the postet Anandtech link and look at the game screenshots).

The fastest driver to date seems to be v15.4.4 final 7.14.10.1295. Actually the last one offering pure software T&L:
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=309411

It seems having a hardare T&L engine only gives you compatibility for games/demos that require hardware T&L. But the hardware in x3100 is so inferior, you can't play those anyway. Therfore going software by means of the CPU is way faster (see link above). I don't know about image quality though, but I don't expect a difference here.

G965/GM965/G35 only has support for MPEG btw. The other features like VC1 and AVC is for next gen.

Mostly correct. GM965 and G35 do have partial acceleraton for VC1 (Motion Compensation and In-loop deblocking ONLY), while G965 doesn't (can do some lesser profiles of WMV9 accel, but not High Profile VC1).

To 7oby: The 15.9 beta drivers are officially not out yet. Not only Anandtech did not test the 15.9 beta driver, they wouldn't test it anyway because its not official. The screenshot on their website is the 15.8 driver, you can check it out on their website.

From the German forum, there is indeed an improvement to the 15.9 beta drivers. Games Far Cry, HL2, and CS: Source gained significant performance increases.

Intel, World of Warcraft is some of the most popular game out there right now. Both 14.33 and 14.33.1 driver seems to cause a crash on my system. I have rolled back to 14.32.3 drivers because of that. There are also graphical glitches in Crysis, 3DMark(with hardware T&L) and UT3 demo(very very bad, unplayable) that wasn't present in previous drivers.

Add Guild Wars to the list of games that crash with both 14.33 and 14.33.1 - shortly after entering the world, it totally freezes up for a few minutes, then bluescreens. This happens consistently. I've only tried it with a stock install - I haven't tried forcing software or hardware shader modes.

Is WoW bluescreening? If so, I imagine both games are tickling the same bug.

I forgot. But I know the whole system becomes unreponsive enough that I cannot do anything. Actually I don't think I saw any bluescreen. It just freezes. Nothing works except reset/power button. And this is in XP.

Maybe they have some code like /Detect MMORPG=crash

XD.

DavidC1:

I forgot. But I know the whole system becomes unreponsive enough that I cannot do anything.

I have similar problem with both Warcraft III and World of Warcraft in WinXP Pro using driver releases 14.33 and 14.33.1. System freezes and after about 30 seconds of unresponsiveness BSOD appears.

Hey guys,

i bought intel 965wh just bcoz i read intel was going to upgrade it's drivers to support latest games.

I used to check daily for the new update but no luck...

Now no more waitin guys i decided to get a new graphic card for my system..N i got it

it's thriling to play new games with full graphics support. I was a casual gamer but now i am immersed into it.

So my suggestion for u guys is if u r in desktop get a card..

Intel's internal graphics sucks!!

We all know the driver development sucks for the X3100 - and I am never going to buy an Intel IGP again, which means, I'll have to change completely to an AMD-based notebook, but anyway:

Everyone who buys a board with IGP for GAMING is a complete nutcase.
(except, of course, the new nvidia/AMD hybrid platforms where you can switch the graphics card on/off)

Even if the newest games would run, they would run anything but acceptable, so where is the point complaining about not supported games...

If you buy an IGP system as a primary gaming machine (for recent games), then yes, I think you would have to be a complete nutcase.

OTOH, I have a primary gaming machine (E6300/9600GT/1680x1050) andbought my notebook (T7100/X3100/1280x800) primarily for non-gaming purposes, but with the ability to do some gaming when not at home (e.g. when I have to travel overseas).

Games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft are at the top end of its capabilities, but I can play GW at native resolution without dropping below 20FPS. That'sdefinitely playablefor GW (even if I prefer higher frame rates). Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is likewise playable (occasionally drops below 20FPS in the Santa Monica hub, but otherwise is fine). Jade Empire is consistently 30FPS or higher. No other game I play pushes the graphics at all - things like Fallout 1/2, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, The Temple of Elemental Evil, Summoner, Oni...

The 14.32.3 drivers work very well for me. I'd like to use the 14.33.x drivers, but it's obvious from the last few posts thatthere's a bug that some games are tickling (so far, GW, WoW and Warcraft III are known to have the symptom - think it's time to report it).

Edit: I've submitted a support request (ticket LTK41904239252X), and pointed them to this thread (starting with David's post about WoW). If you find any other games with this freeze/BSOD issue, please post them to this thread.

Hi just to let you know i tested GW in OSX 10.5.2 via Crossover games and i got 45FPS which is a dam site better then Vista hope that the newer drivers perform just as good as OSX in GW!

The new driver for Vista is out. 15.9 is DX10 capable. From random user tests it seems to improve performance in certain games(specifically HL2, CS:S, Far Cry).

Does anyone know if 14.34 driver for XP will be out??? Archibael??

14.34 was released to OEMs last week. I have not yet seen it appear on the Intel external website. Don't know the details on what new stuff it supports. Suspect it is mostly G45-enabling.

Is 15.9 Vista driver really DX10?? According to here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-020667.htm, the 2nd part of driver version tells DX versions. 15.9 driver version naming is 7.14.10.1472, which indicates its still a DX9 driver. What's up with that?

As for the 7.14.10.1472 listing on the site, that is just a typo. When installing the driver it does come up as 7.15.10.1472. I have noticed that not all programs recognize the DX 10 capabilities though. And that its RAM level is listed at 358mb not 384mb as in previous releases and it seems as if it has 128mb of onbboard RAM also? I switched back to Vista from XP for this DX 10 driver, now lets see if Intel lives upto their promises...

I play a game called Ragnarok Online which was made in 2003. It doesn't even have graphic in it and still it lags on the new drivers on vista.I am using driver version 7.14.10.1472. I also wanted to know if Intel gives vbios in the driver package why does it not implement in the bios of there own boards. If they cant then at least show how to add it in manually.

Has anyone tried "Assassin's creed"?Will it run on gma x3000?

7oby:
The fastest driver to date seems to be v15.4.4 final 7.14.10.1295. Actually the last one offering pure software T&L:
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=309411

It seems having a hardare T&L engine only gives you compatibility for games/demos that require hardware T&L. But the hardware in x3100 is so inferior, you can't play those anyway. Therfore going software by means of the CPU is way faster (see link above).

Related to this I just found some interesting information:

intel:
The X3000 series performs hardware TnL selectively based on the
workload requirements. Some workloads like those based on DirectX8 or
earlier versions, are well suited to the CPU-PSGP path in comparison to
the DirectX9 pipeline in the X3000 series engine.

Source: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools-and-tips-for-debugging-issues-on-intel-3000-and-x3000-series-integrated-graphics

X3000 uses both Software and Hardware TnL. It's still surprising that Max Payne (DX 8 see top link) performs much faster on older drivers although in any case the software TnL pipeline should be used.

If you want to tweak the most performance out of your X3000 chipset or discover game crashes, you might want to force Software TnL and test whether this cures. This can be done with the free 3D-Analyze tool and also helps intel to debug drivers. See the second link above on how to do that.

deep_chatterje:Has anyone tried "Assassin's creed"?Will it run on gma x3000?

Yeah.. maybe with 1 fps.. lol come on.
Assassin's Creed for PC is a complete straigt console port with no optimizations for PC whatsoever, and it builds on the UT3 engine as far as I know. I wasn't even able to run it really smooth on a GF8800GT with all high, so let alone an IGP... This is just too nextgen for the poorly made X3100.

7oby:X3000 uses both Software and Hardware TnL. It's still surprising that Max Payne (DX 8 see top link) performs much faster on older drivers although in any case the software TnL pipeline should be used.

That is really funny! Intel actually has both pipelines for vertex processing installed (Software & Hardware). The default is hardware and guess what: The .inf file decides which games, benchmarks go software. Here's the list from the latest 15.9 driver:

HKR,, ~3DMark03.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~3DMark05.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~3DMark06.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 17
HKR,, ~age3.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~BF2.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~BF2142.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~cod2sp_s.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~cod2mp_s.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~dreamfall.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~farcry.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~FEAR.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~GRAW.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~gta_sa.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~H5_GAME.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~hl2.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~IW3SP.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~MAINAPP.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~medieval2.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~PCMark05.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~RelicCOH.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~Sam2.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~UT2004.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~WoW.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~XR_3DA.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~firefox.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~iexplore.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~mozilla.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~navigator.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~Opera.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1
HKR,, ~seamonkey.exe, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Read about this stuff in this document:
http://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/31888801.pdf

Without messing with the registry or using 3rd party tools this defines a very simple way of choosing between SW/HW vertex shading.

HW -> SW:
. Since HW vertex shading is the default, choose an application that you don't use (e.g. Opera.exe). Then rename the SampleGame.exe to Opera.exe and launch it.

SW -> HW:
. Your application is included in the above INF File. Rename SampleGame.exe to _SampleGame.exe and lauch it.

Does it make sense to switch to SW/HW?
Not really. Intel tested games with both settings and picks the better one for you already. Also according visual bugs or game crashes Intel will pick the better choice. However that's not what an enthusiast (*) wants to do. An enthusiast might have an incredibly overclocked fast Penryn CPU >= 4GHz. The faster the CPU the more performance is gained by using SW vertex shading.

(*) I do not see an enthusiast in contradiction to using integrated graphics chipsets. I'd like to see some stuff similar to nVidia CUDA for integrated graphics chipsets. Regarding H.264 decoding and such stuff that's already done. But I'd rather like to see some more: assisted H.264 Encoding, TrueCrypt/Bitlocker assisted AES256 en/decoding, ...

I try my best but can't play this game.
Fisrt, with Windows Xp and driver 6.14.10.4935 : open game by shortcut (nothing display) out at begin.
Second, with Windows Vista Ultimale and driver 15.9.0.1472 : the game open and play intro, but end into is the crash.

Some other game driver 6.14.10.4935 work not good, when turn off V-shade game out when loading
I wish the final driver can play more game coming soon for all user of GMA X3000.

14.34 is now available - it appears to fix the freeze/BSOD in Guild Wars, and I suspect it fixes WoW and EVE Online as well.

No apparent performance changes, and still hasn't given me any level of anti-aliasing :( Give me the option to do AA purely in software (e.g. on another thread)!

Interestingly, the "Information" button is gone in 14.34 - you'll have to roll back to get the EDID info, or use something like MonInfo.

tcdelaney:

Interestingly, the "Information" button is gone in 14.34 - you'll have to roll back to get the EDID info, or use something like MonInfo.

:( That is extremely craptacular. Hope it's an oversight and they put it back in.

Actually, no worries: they just moved it. Instead of an "Information" button on the main page of the CUI, in the upper right hand corner of the tray next to the "?"is an "i", which provides the same screen as the Information buttonused to.

Whew! You had me going, there!

tell me can you play assesins greed on these drivers

tcdelaney:

14.34 is now available - it appears to fix the freeze/BSOD in Guild Wars, and I suspect it fixes WoW and EVE Online as well.

No apparent performance changes, and still hasn't given me any level of anti-aliasing :( Give me the option to do AA purely in software (e.g. on another thread)!

No, I still freeze in WoW. Performance has been upped in Doom 3 and Quake 4 demo(don't know about full) about 40-50%, and WiC has less problems. Crysis has less rendering error.

But it still freezes in WoW :(.

I can not believe someone asked about Assassin's Creed given that topic has been discussed just four postings before. For those Non-Believers: Yesterday I installed Crysis just for curiosity. In Low Settings at 800 x 600 I had 1-2 fps and some minor visual bugs. A good benchmark list is available here:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html
and we've been posting that before, but here is's a benchmark of some games with the X3100.

Regarding WoW:
These issue's definitly are best put in the tech support forum of Blizzard:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11110&sid=1
http://forums.wow-europe.com/board.html?forumId=11079&sid=1

These forums comprise guides on how to proceed when encountering crashes/BSOD/freezes. Certain graphical features can be disabled by configuring WoW and locate the error. As well as stack traces can be analyzed. Blizzard people have a contact person at the graphic department of GPU companies. This way bug reports related to driver issues are put into the right channel and handeled appropriately. Blizzard also provide workarounds for bugs in drivers, if that's possible.

The information button is still there,, it's just been moved up next to the ? and X on the title bar. See the i button? Click it and you will be made happy!

DavidC1:No, I still freeze in WoW.

I can see people switching from HW T&L to SW T&L. Especially for WoW and it even seems to improve performance:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=3459078#post3459078

There were talking before about WC3, which is a different game. But the fix is meant for WoW and BSOD.

7oby:
DavidC1:No, I still freeze in WoW.

I can see people switching from HW T&L to SW T&L. Especially for WoW and it even seems to improve performance:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=3459078#post3459078

There were talking before about WC3, which is a different game. But the fix is meant for WoW and BSOD.

The post in NRB is mine so I want to make something clear:

This is not a fix for WoW, this is a way to FORCE ANY application in SW, but there is no guarantee it will actually work. It's WoW in this case but it can be done with any application.

P.S. If the 'fix' is meant for something, it will be for WC3, it was my mistake putting the WoW executable in the post.

atthegates:P.S. If the 'fix' is meant for something, it will be for WC3, it was my mistake putting the WoW executable in the post.

yeah I got that. WoW is rendered using Software anyway as can be seen here:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=52983#40332

7oby:

atthegates:P.S. If the 'fix' is meant for something, it will be for WC3, it was my mistake putting the WoW executable in the post.

yeah I got that. WoW is rendered using Software anyway as can be seen here:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=52983#40332

The 14.34 driver crashes much less than 14.33/14.33.1 drivers. I know its the driver because its only the driver change that caused the problem. 14.33.1 caused problem with both software and hardware. I can notice hardware has more crashes than software on the 14.34, but it doesn't mean software eliminates it. The 14.32.3 is ok.

I have just tested a game called FRONTLINES-The fuel of war..it is running fine in the 14.33.1 driver.But my problem is with call of duty 4.has anyone played it successfully?i keep getting the error "unrecoverable directx error" thoughI have the latest directx installed and it shows no problem on dxdiag.Any solution?

OK - Rome Total WarBSODs during startup (immediately after the pre-loading movies) with 14.34. Works fine with 14.32.4, so I've rolled back.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16168/eng/GFX_XP32_14.34.3.4957_PV_Intel...

Is It New Driver???????!!!!!!!!!

The system must contain one of the following Intel

Chipsets:

Intel Q43 Express Chipset

Intel Q45 Express Chipset

Intel G33 Express Chipset

Intel G35 Express Chipset

Intel G43 Express Chipset

Intel G45 Express Chipset

Intel G965 Express Chipset

Intel GL40 Express Chipset

Intel GM45 Express Chipset

Intel Q33 Express Chipset

Intel Q33/Q35/G33 Express

Intel Q35 Express Chipset

Intel Q963 Express Chipset

Intel Q965 Express Chipset

Mobile Intel GL960 Express

Mobile Intel GLE960 Express

Mobile Intel GM47 Express

Mobile Intel GM965 Express

Mobile Intel GME965 Express

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restart My Games Or Blue Screen:

Spiderman 3:Level=Scorpin blue screen my game

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 = Level 2 Restart my game

Lost Via Domus = Level ??? Low Frame Rate & Restart my game

software:error

Powerdvd 8.0=not run

my driver:14.34 & 14.34.3

my graphic : Gma x3000

ram : 1gb

cpu:cor2dou 6400

Try to download new drivers or update your windows.

Just wondering... Is intel still updating the drivers for the x3100 and x3000? or 15.9 was the last of it?

Raveneye:Just wondering... Is intel still updating the drivers for the x3100 and x3000? or 15.9 was the last of it?

15.9.2 is released internally at intel (search for 15.9.2):
http://softwareblogs.intel.com/2008/05/12/hdmi-audio-case-study-denon-av-receivers/

With this driver
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16168/eng/GFX_XP32_14.34.3.4957_PV_Intel...

Tested ASSASSINS CREED & Finally
got running at 640 @ low settings
The game runs at very low FPS wen crowds are
more
But at other time runs at 8 to 10 FPS
Some times wen he is single FPS
jumps to 20

Guys visit this forum site lot of games are tested on X3000 hope it will help someone
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60232

Vista v15.9.3 drivers are mentioned:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-reference-guide-to-intel-integrated-graphics

I'm wondering when they will be available for download (or at an OEM site).

14.34.4 seems to be working fine for me - Guild Wars, Rome: Total War, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Neverwinter Nights, Arcanum, The Temple of Elemental Evil.

First time since 14.32.x that all games have actually worked.

Pages

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today