Firmware HUB (ICH7) programming support/modes.

Firmware HUB (ICH7) programming support/modes.

I have looked throught the ICH7R spec and can find no defination of what programming (write) Modes are supported on the ICH7.

The LPC section iof ICH7 indicates that the bus does not support memory writes. But yet I can write the FWH using memory write.

I am currently writing the Firmware hub single byte memory writes at a time. This is to slow for my needs.

The LPC spec says that the Firmware should support multibyte writes (1,2,4,16,128 Bytes)

What I need to know is how are these mode supported on the ICH7R ?

Is there any documentation supporting this functionality ?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Mark,

To obtain support for this, we recommend you contact an Intel Product Representative.

If your company has its own Intel representative, you may wish to inquire whether they are able to assist with this inquiry. Your company's Purchasing Department will normally have your Intel representative's contact information. If you have no contact, please see under "Design Components".

If your location is not listed, please see an Intel Authorized Distributor and ask for a Field Application Engineer (FAE). Our Intel Authorized Distributor list is also linked from the URL above.

Lexi S.

IntelSoftware NetworkSupport

Contact us

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today