windows 8

windows 8

Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question but all other forums sounded like they would've been the wrong place, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place too. Tonight I picked up a dell venue 7 which comes with android, with the hopes of installing my copy of windows 8.1 on it. I opted for the 7 over the 8 pro because believe it or not there is a major difference in size and i'm seeking mobilty, something I can easily put in my back pocket. When I got it home I turned it on and attempted to see if it would boot into bios, but instead I was greated by droidboot. This leads me to think that droidboot was installed on top of or in place of the bios. My question is, does anyone know if it's possible to get bios on this tablet? For anyone who might not know it was the Intel atom Z2560 clocked at 1.6ghz with 2gb ram, the venue 8 pro which comes with windows 8 shares similar specs

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

James

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I'd recommend asking over on XDADevelopers.com 

I'd guess the bootloader is locked and you most likely won't be able to install Win8 on your Venue 7

http://www.themethodology.net
http://www.vancouvermobile.net

Android don't have BIOS but they have bootloader. So, you cannot install windows on your android tablet.

Quote:

valerie wrote:

Android don't have BIOS but they have bootloader. So, you cannot install windows on your android tablet.

Sorry to be a smarty-pants, especially seeing how I came here asking for help.. But being android has nothing to do with it.. Having been powered by an Intel atom Z2560(x86 processor,) it could boot windows 8 with uefi firmware, which was my question. However I ended up rid of the Venue 7 and purchased a Venue 8 pro which had windows 8 preloaded. The decision for the switch was based on the facts that I did not want to currently invest the time to learn how to develope custom uefi firmware for the IntelArchitecture.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today