Getting an error that says BadImageFormatException was unhandled

Getting an error that says BadImageFormatException was unhandled

Hi Team!! My actual problem is coming after integrating the adpservice dll in my project and the error i am getting while debugging the program is mentioned as below : BADIMAGEFORMATEXCEPTION was unhandled. Could not load file or assembly 'AdpService, Version=0.92.1.28020, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Thanks & Regards Vimarsh
11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Vimarsh,

guess you're using .NET.

This error message occurs most of the time when a wrong target platform is chosen.

Try to go to the project settings and choose "x86" (instead of "Any CPU") as target platform in the compilation tab.

Best regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas and Thanks too

First of all thanks for such a quick reply.

And thanks for answer it solved the problem immediately after i read your reply and applied the specified settings.

Thanks & regards

Vimarsh

Hello Vimarsh,

you're welcome.

I knew this problem already from other .NET libraries in the past.

Best regards
Andreas

just for interest:
is the "adpservice dll" also a kind of .NET wrapper for the AppUp SDK?

I'm using the baKno .NET wrapper for my .NET products and this works very good, too.
Are there any advantages of the .NET wrapper you're using?

Best regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas.

yes the adpservice dll is for wrapper class that is very much useful in .net application.

And i have used baKno also but it is for trial purpose and paid service too as i m beginner for intel AppUp developer program.

so i have used .net wrapper class provided by intel/support itself.

As baKno is paid service so that is the burden on developer. some can afford and some doesn't want to.

Advantage of intel support wrapper :: so if developer is having time then he/she can modify the wrapper class definitely.

Thanks & Regards

Vimarsh

Hello Vimarsh,

I see, but I did not pay for the baKno wrapper either:
I got it from my account manager of Intel.

Best regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas

As i have reviewed the website of baKno so i got it from there, if it is freeware than i will try to utilize that also as it is having much more functionalities and flexibilities than simple wrapper.

Thanks & Regards

Vimarsh

Hello Vimarsh,

maybe just ask your Intel account manager if you can get a free version of the baKno wrapper, too.

Best regards
Andreas

If anyone needs help with their .NET wrapper I am happy to help. I have worked through a number of "gotchas" including keeping the Windows message pump free. As a side note, there was talk at IDF/Elements last month that the .NET AppUp SDK may be coming soon. Best of luck.

Ok Brian

I will be glad if i would get support for my development from your side.

surely if i have any issue then i will contact you.

Thanks & Regards
Vimarsh

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today