Getting Started with Meego on Windows

Getting Started with Meego on Windows

Hi, I would like to work on Meego.I use a desktop computer with Windows 7.Can some one provide a sequential steps for getting started with Meego on Windows 7. I feel its essential to have a netbook for testing the apps.Do I need have a netbook at this moment to learn and develop the apps. Thanks for the help.
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I think if you download the latest .img file off of the meego-dev site ..

Take the .img and burn it onto a USB drive.. (Win32DiskImager worked for me if you needed a tool for this step.)

Leave the UsB in and re-start your machine....
- if your machine doesn't start off the USB, then you might ned to re-start and press the F-KeY for the boot list. or enable usb booting in BiOS.

It should load a list with meego....

You could also try a virtualization to run it also. The usb is neet cause I get to see how it does on variety of devices.

Good luck.

_-_-_

Hi Logos,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program.
You may be able to find the information on how to run Meego on a Windows 7 system on this link: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/845

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any questions.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Logos:

Please take a look at this page and see if the proposed solutions work for your environment:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/options-for-running-meego

thanks

--Vincent

Logos,

You may also easily run MeeGo in a virtualized environment. VMWare Player has proven quite effective, allowing you to hard reset the MeeGo install and emulate various system properties. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in setting up a VMWare environment for MeeGo.

Thanks a lot for your response.Does that mean,I cannot directly work with Qt on my Windows 7 (Ultimate) OS.Is it a must to have a Virtualised environment on Windows 7 Ultimate to develop apps.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today