The Texture Unit Load metric represents the percentage of the time that the texture units are busy.
Use the following techniques to improve the texture sampler performance:
- Reduce the size of textures by using a lower resolution or lower color precision, such as RGBA4444 instead of RGBA8888.
- Use texture compression to reduce the amount of memory to transfer textures, especially using PVCRT or PVCRT2 textures.
- Use mipmapping, so that smaller textures (mipmaps) can be used.
- Reduce the number of textures in the scene.
- Use a different filtering algorithm. For example, anisotropic filtering is more expensive to compute than a simpler algorithm, such as bilinear filtering.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.