For optimal performance of Intel® GPA on Windows*, follow these recommendations:
- Run the Graphics Frame Analyzer, System Analyzer, or Graphics Trace Analyzer on an operating system with at least 4 GB of memory. The more complex your game data, the more memory is needed.
- Disable as many other non-essential processes as possible (including screen savers) to ensure good performance and accurate metrics.
- Run the game in full-screen mode to avoid GPU overhead of Windows* desktop and other processes.
- To analyze graphics applications on netbook and Ultrabook™ devices, or other platforms with limited resources, use the System Analyzer in a network mode instead of the System Analyzer HUD. Refer to System Analysis with Intel® GPA for details.
- After you create stream, frame and trace capture files, exit the game before starting the Graphics Frame Analyzer to assure maximum resources are available for performance analysis.
- For Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 and earlier platforms, run only one DirectX* application at a time. You can profile multiple concurrent applications only on Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500 platforms or higher.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.