In the Intel® GPA, tracing is disabled by default. To enable tracing, click the button in the Graphics Monitor Launcher screen; or enable the Tracing toggle button in the Trace tab of the Graphics Monitor Options screen.
To modify the tracing options:
- In the Graphics Monitor Launcher screen, click the button.
- Go to the Trace tab and configure the available tracing options:
- Set the duration of the application run to be captured in a single trace file. The default trace duration is 5 seconds.
- Enable the application startup data capturing by enabling the Capture Application Startup toggle button. Capture starts automatically at application startup and ends when the trace buffer is full.
- Enable capturing of events to show parallel execution data in the Graphics Trace Analyzer for DirectX 11 based applications.
- Select user domains to collect data about. The list of user domains is gathered from the analyzed applications defining them with Intel® Tracing Technology API and is updated upon exit from the application.
Select predefined Intel® GPA domains to collect data about.
D3DPerf, ID3DUserDefinedAnnotation, ID3D11DeviceContext2 Events, and WinPixEventsRuntime apply to the debug annotation API. It is not recommended to use these domains in the code together and enable these domains simultaneously in the Trace tab.
The default settings represent the common use case.