If you have a host system with 64-bit Windows* or Mac* OS X*, the setup tool for the Intel® Edison board replaces this method of flashing your board. For steps for your host system, see the steps for Windows or Mac.
This section contains steps to install Flash Tool Lite to update (flash) the firmware on your Intel® Edison board. The firmware is your board's operating system, and also allows for use of Wi-Fi*, Bluetooth*, analog and digital controls, and other functions. While installing and flashing your board is not necessarily required to begin programming your board, it's important to keep your firmware up-to-date to ensure the best stability and performance for your board. Flashing your firmware also gives you access to vital features, like the ability to connect your board to a wireless network.
For an introduction to flashing your firmware, see Flashing your board's firmware.
You have already set up your board and connected the board to your host system. This includes assembling your board, installing the appropriate drivers (if your host system has Windows*), and flashing your firmware. For steps, see the appropriate guide for Windows 64-bit, Windows 32-bit, Mac* OS X*, and Linux*.
- Open a new command window by clicking Start. Type
cmdand press Enter.
- Type the drive letter of the Intel® Edison board, which you noted earlier in the installation process. Press Enter.
- Enter the command:
At the prompt, type
yand press Enter.
- All files should now be removed. To confirm, type
dirand press Enter to view files on the drive.
- Download and run the latest version of Flash Tool Lite from the Intel® Platform Flash Tool Lite page.
- When the setup wizard pops up, click Next.
- Select Standard installation and follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing Flash Tool Lite.
- Click Next to accept the License agreement.
- Click Next after the screen documenting libraries and packages.
- Select Standard installation.
- Keep the default selections and click Next.
- Click Install.
- If you are prompted to install a driver after the main installation wizard prcess, answer Yes and complete the driver installation.
Now that you have installed Flash Tool Lite, continue to Flashing the firmware with Flash Tool Lite.