Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP)
A Library of Highly Optimized Algorithmic Building Blocks for Media and Data Applications
Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) is an extensive library of software functions to help you develop multimedia, data processing, and communications applications. These ready-to-use, royalty-free functions are highly optimized using Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions (Intel® SSE) and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX) instruction sets, which often outperform what an optimized compiler can produce alone.
- Performance Building - Optimized building blocks perform faster
- Time to Market - Intel engineering saves you development, debut and maintenance time so you can focus on new features to differentiate your application - the code you write today will run optimally on future generations of Intel processors
- Cross Platform - Supports Windows*, Linux*, Android* and OS X* environments
- Added additional optimization for the newest Intel® Atom™ and 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors.
- Corrected a number of issues in the previous release and detected later internal and external defects. In particular, we fixed the issue 'Flavors of Pyramid functions that operate on 16-bit data overflow on some images and produce incorrect results'.
- No changes are made to the functions API and libraries content to maintain binary compatibility with the previous major release.
See the Intel IPP forum for more details on this and the Intel IPP 8.2 release.
Features and Benefits
|Previewing Intel® Processor Graphics Support||
|OS X* Standalone SKU||Applications that use read-write locks can take additional advantage of Intel® Transactional Syncronization Extenstions (Intel® TSX) via tbb::speculative_spin_rw_mutex|
|Pre-Optimized for Performance, Throughput, & Power Efficiency||
|Future Proofed Optimizations||Enables you to code once now and then in the future – simply rebuild with the latest version of Intel IPP to realize future processor and instruction set performance gains. This future proofing saves you both time and money on application development.|
|Royalty-free Redistribution||Allows you to redistribute unlimited copies of its runtime libraries with your application, saving you money long term.|
|Thousands of Pre-defined Functions||Speeds your application development letting you focus on differentiating your application, not algorithmic optimization.|
|Samples Jumpstart your Application||Take advantage of source code samples.|
|Processors||Validated for use with multiple generations of Intel and compatible processors including but not limited to: Intel® Xeon™ processors, Intel® Core™ processor family, Intel® Atom™ Processor family, and Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors.|
|Operating Systems||Use the same API for application development on multiple operating systems: Windows*, Linux*, Android*, and OS X*.|
|Development Tools and Environments||Compatible with compilers from vendors that follow platform standards (e.g., Microsoft, GCC, Intel). Can be integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio* (2005, 2008, 2010).|
|Languages||Natively supports C/C++ and OpenCL* development.|
|System Requirements||For hardware and software requirements, refer to intel.com/software/products/systemrequirements.|
|Support||All product updates, Intel Support services, and Intel support forums are included for one year. Intel Premier Support gives you secure, web-based engineer-to-engineer support.|