This guide provides technical information related to assembly of the Intel® Joule™ development platform, defining a programming environment, and exercising specific features of the compute module. It also provides general guidance for creating custom products and use cases for the compute module.
The left-side bar includes a search engine for the guide, a quick feedback box and an expandable table of contents that enables key topics to be book-marked for quick sharing and return, as demonstrated below:
- An overview of the development kit architecture and high level features of the platform
- Assembly of the development kit and connecting accessory devices
- First time boot sequence that includes updating the firmware and installing the operating system
- Advanced programming topics sorted by technical domain
- Intel® Joule™ Compute Module Datasheet
- Expansion Board Design Guide describes how Intel® designed the expansion board and provides guidance toward designing your own expansion board
- Expansion Board Datasheet, formerly known as the Expansion Board Hardware Guide, provides technical specifications for the expansion board.
- An Accessories section that discusses a wide variety of items that work with the Intel Joule module, including expansion board options, thermal solutions, enclosures, 3D printable parts, and the Intel® RealSense™ camera.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The current best-known-configuration (BKC) release consists of operating system version 1706 and firmware version 1J2. It is highly recommended to update both at the same time. You can obtain the images and source at these locations:
|Images||Source (OS only)|
|FW 1J2: Download Center||OS 1706: git hub|
|OS 1706: 01.org|
Please see the release notes included with the OS images for details of the newest features of the operating system.
For regulatory information, see: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000022313.html. Note that the end user is responsible to obtain CMIIT ID for the end user devices to comply with the Chinese product regulatory requirement.
For warranty information, see: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000022315.html