The Intel® Knowledge Builder Toolkit brings a simplified analytics development approach to developers of wearable and industrial IoT products. Rather than employ a traditional hand-coded algorithm development process, the toolkit provides a data-driven process that generates code automatically using baseline data you have collected. All of the tools required are provided in the toolkit: baseline data collection, feature selection, code generation, and a model deployment mechanism. You can customize generated code and add new code, giving you the ultimate combination of simplified development and the power of customization.
Data Capture Lab
Enables easy data capture and labeling for fast and accurate algorithm development, thus reducing development time and cost.
Automated Feature Generator
Develop algorithms more quickly and easily by using automated feature and code generators.
Feature Selector and Optimizer
Recommends the best matched features that optimize your data and application on the Intel® Curie™ module or Intel® Quark™ SE microcontroller.
Device Update Utility
Ensure your product has the latest features and software with over-the-air and USB-based updates.
Provide a customized experience to different user groups by developing unique models for subsets of users.
User Application Examples
- Gesture detection: identify gestures that have specific meaning for a use case
- Activity recognition: differentiate between walking, running, climbing
- Activity quality analysis: running form, sports biomechanics, and performance assessment
- Compliance monitoring: task monitoring, process adherence
Typical sensors used: multiaxis accelerometer or gyrometer and biosensors
- Machinery monitoring: motor vibration and preventative failure mode detection
- Smart building: occupancy sensing and analytics
- Human-machine interaction monitoring and feedback
- Robotics and machine control
- Process control and remote monitoring
Typical sensors used: multiaxis accelerometer or gyrometer, passive IR, microphone, load cells, strain gauges
Consumer IoT Applications
- Smart home: security monitoring, utility monitoring, and control
- Sports and recreation equipment: smart golf clubs, tennis racquets
Typical sensors used: multiaxis accelerometer or gyrometer, passive IR, microphone