Intel® Media Server Studio
Intel® Media Server Studio 2015Close
Develop, debug, and validate enterprise grade media applications and solutions for datacenter and embedded usages in C/C++
- Tools and runtimes for top performance of media solutions on Intel® CPUs and graphics processors
- Utilize Media codecs, HEVC, AAC and MPEG- Audio
- Load monitoring, identifying multi-core scaling limiters, bandwidth bottlenecks and more
- Includes OpenCL™ Code Builder to customize and accelerate media pipeline
Video is the largest and fastest growing category of Internet traffic.1 And as the industry transitions to OTT, HEVC and VP9, video solution providers need economical, fast, high density transcode, and quality/analysis tools.
The Intel® Media Server Studio tool suite/product family has multiple products to address these needs.
- Intel Media Server Studio 2015 provides a Media SDK, runtimes, and analytical tools needed to develop enterprise grade media solutions on Intel® Xeon® processor and Intel® Core™ processor based platforms. With this advanced analysis tool, get premium performance, video quality and compliance. Editions available:
- Professional - Includes Essentials edition, plus enterprise-quality HEVC and audio codecs, Intel® VTune™ Amplifier performance analysis tools, Video Quality Caliper stream quality analyzer, Premium Telecine Interlace Reverser, and more.
- Essentials - Access Intel platform media features and hardware acceleration through the Media SDK, runtimes, media and graphics drivers for Linux* and Windows Server*, OpenCL™ Code Builder, and more. Includes Intel® Premier Support.
- Community - Essentials edition without Intel Premier Support.
- Separate tools - Intel® Video Pro Analyzer and Intel® Stress Bitstreams and Encoder deliver decoding, debugging and validation tools (more below).
What’s New in Media Server Studio
- New 5th gen Intel Core processors with integrated Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics for mobile devices. The graphics processor delivers twice the performance as its predecessor, perfect for graphics-hungry solutions.
- New Intel Xeon processor E3-128x v4 product family and Xeon processor E3-1285L v4 with C226 chipset with integrated Iris Pro graphics engines.
Recent Professional edition updates
- Virtualization support for E5 software implementation: KVM+Xen, Xenserver on Linux
- HEVC: GPU-accelerated Encode 4:2:2 and 10 bit, along with the software implementation delivering real-time 4K performance on Intel Xeon processor E3 1285 V4 and E5 processors (see Enabling HEVC whitepaper for details)
- Metrics Monitor for Linux
- Intel VTune Amplifier: GPU profiling on Linux
See more details at R6 Release: What's New in Intel Media Server Studio
1Source: Cisco Visual Networking Index
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Kronos.