Intel® Media Server Studio
Intel® Media Server Studio 2016Close
Develop, debug, and validate enterprise grade media applications and solutions for datacenter and embedded usages
- Deliver fast, high-density video transcoding through Intel media hardware accelerators for top performance on Intel® CPUs and graphics processors
- Accelerate HEVC and 4K/UHD transition
- Reduce infrastructure and development costs
- Utilize Media codecs such as HEVC, AVC and MPEG- Audio, along with advanced performance and quality analyzers
- Use Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications to customize and accelerate media pipeline
Video is the largest and fastest growing category of Internet traffic.1 And as the industry transitions to OTT, HEVC and VP9/10, video solution providers need economical, fast, high-density transcode, and quality/analysis tools to stay competitive in building media solutions for broadcasting, live streaming, video surveillance/security, video conferencing, and more.
The Intel® Media Server Studio product family has multiple products for these needs. Supports Linux* and Windows Server*.
- Intel Media Server Studio provides a Media SDK, runtimes, and advanced performance and quality analyzer tools for developing enterprise-grade media solutions on Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Core™ processor-based platforms. Get premium performance, video quality and compliance. Editions available:
- Community - Access Intel platform media features and hardware acceleration through the Media SDK, runtimes, graphics drivers, Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications, and more.
- Essentials - Includes Community Edition with Intel® Premier Support, which includes direct access to Intel’s technical experts.
- Professional - Includes Essentials edition, plus enterprise-quality HEVC and audio codecs, Intel® VTune™ Amplifier performance analysis tool, Video Quality Caliper stream quality analyzer, Premium Telecine Interlace Reverser, and more.
- Separate Media Tools - Intel® Video Pro Analyzer and Intel® Stress Bitstreams and Encoder deliver in-depth debugging and validation tools for decoders and encoders experts. (more below).
What’s New in Intel Media Server Studio
Improve HEVC encode performance and quality, enhance AVC and MPEG2 decode robustness – see more details in this What’s New blog.
- HEVC - With the 1.1x performance and 10% quality increase improvement(compared to the previous release), Intel Media Server Studio allows transcoding solution developers to achieve real-time 4K HEVC encode with broadcast quality on Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator and on select SKUs of Intel® Xeon® E5 processors. Get highly-efficient real-time HEVC 1080p encode using select Intel Xeon E3 platforms by leveraging Intel’s GPU-accelerated HEVC encoder.
- Video Conferencing - Connect business meetings and people together more quickly via video conferencing with specially tuned low-delay HEVC mode.
- Robustness Enhancements give extra confidence for AVC and MPEG-2 decode scenarios through handling of broken content with seamlessly. Advanced error reporting allows you to find and analyze decode errors.
- Improvements in components deliver new features
- Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications kernel development enhancement and new analysis features.
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier advancements provides an easier path to get and interpret graphics processor usage and performance of OpenCL* and Intel® Media SDK-optimized applications. Includes CPU and GPU concurrency analysis, GPU usage analysis using hardware metrics, GPU architecture diagram and much more.
- Free Intel® Media Server Studio - Community Edition and Intel® Video Pro Analyzer academic licensing options reduce the total cost of designing Intel silicon into your solution.
- Video Transcoding Solutions webinar recording
Additional Advanced Intel Media Tools
Intel Video Pro Analyzer and Intel Stress Bitstreams and Encoder provide advanced and expert-level analysis, debugging and validation tools for decoder and encoder experts, and help your media solutions and processing development meet customer expectations.
Intel® Media SDK - For developing client media applications for Windows*
Resources for FPGA Developers
- Quartus Prime* FPGA Design Software – from Altera, now a part of Intel
- Video and Image Processing Suite MegaCore Functions – from Altera, now a part of Intel
1Source: Cisco Visual Networking Index
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Kronos.