- Molecular Dynamics Software Optimized for Advanced HPC Computer Architectures The Walker Molecular Dynamics Laboratory, seeking better performance of its molecular dynamics software, Amber, boosted parallel scalability and built a solid foundation for support of Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor offload acceleration using Intel® VTune™ Amplifier and the latest features in Intel® MPI Library and Intel® Math Kernel Library.
- Boosting Long Term Evolution (LTE) Application Performance with Intel® System Studio Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2014 for Systems provides ways to identify and locate performance bottlenecks in the code. It allows the developer to analyze in-depth CPU, GPU and System-on-Chip (SOC) activities, and events. To understand how power is consumed in the application, the Intel® Energy Profiler can identify wake-up causes, timers triggered by application, and interrupts.
- Parallelizing Oil and Gas Software with Intel® Software Development Tools Schlumberger* increases performance for its PIPESIM* software by up to 10 times while streamlining the development process.
- Mentor Graphics Speeds Design Cycles with Intel® Software Tools “We achieved a significant improvement of almost 2x even on one core by optimizing the code based on the information provided by Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE.”
- Nik Software Increases Rendering Speed of HDR by 1.3x “The new interface is a joy to use. Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE gives us precise, down-to-the-metal performance data that’s invaluable for pinpointing hotspots and evaluating the effect of optimizations.”
- CADEX Resolves the Challenges of CAD Format Conversion. Parallelism brings CAD Exchanger* software dramatic gains in performance and user satisfaction, plus a competitive advantage.
- Pexip Speeds Enterprise-Grade Videoconferencing Intel® analysis tools enable a 2.5X improvement in video encoding performance for videoconferencing technology company Pexip.
- F5 Networks Profiles for Success
F5 Networks amps up its BIG-IP DNS* solution for developers with help from Intel® Parallel Studio and Intel® VTune™ Amplifier.
View all Case Studies
“We are excited about the 2nd generation Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor (also known as Knights Landing). We very quickly prototyped our core algorithm and obtained performance considerably higher than with any other processor architecture. The Intel® C++ Compiler exploited vectorization opportunities, and Intel® VTune™ Amplifier quickly identified a threading bottleneck that was simple to fix. Porting and tuning the kernel for the Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor was quick and efficient.”
Senior Staff Engineer R&D, Silicon Engineering Group
"We achieved a significant improvement (almost 2x) even on one core by optimizing the code based on the information provided by Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE. Good scalability is a result of usage of combination of Intel® TBB and OpenMP parallelization techniques. We achieved over 8x the performance of the previous version on 8 cores and almost 11x the performance on 16 cores."
R&D Director Deputy, Mechanical Analysis Division
Mentor Graphics Corporation
"Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE analyzes complex code and helps us identify bottlenecks rapidly. By using it and other Intel® Software Development Tools, we were able to improve PIPESIM performance up to 10 times compared with the previous software version."
“The new VTune™ Amplifier XE brings even more capability to an already indispensable tool. The sampling based call stack hotspots is excellent and alone is worthy of the upgrade. We have also been impressed by how the concurrency and Locks and Waits analysis can even provide useful data on complex applications such as Premiere Pro.”
Engineering Manager, MediaCore
Adobe Systems Inc.
“Where Intel® VTune Amplifier XE really shines is profiling OpenMP code. We were able to achieve almost linear scaling in our application thanks to VTune Amplifier XE.”
Czech Technical University, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
“The new interface is a joy to use. Intel® VTune Amplifier XE gives us precise, down-to-the-metal performance data that’s invaluable for pinpointing hotspots and evaluating the effect of optimizations”
“Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE’s timeline is very information intensive. It organizes the data I need to tune threaded applications.”
Software Development Manager
Open Cascade SAS
“Last week, Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE helped us find almost 3X performance improvement. This week it helped us improve the performance another 3X.”
SAS Institute Inc.
“One of Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE’s best features is that it is easy to use. I did not need to read the documentation.”
ESRI (UK) Limited
“Intel VTune Amplifier is essential for any serious/production code if the performance is the key. I was able to make code run 20x faster than our prototype version while handling 5x the data load.”
Neubrex Co. Ltd (Japan)
"Simple performance bottlenecks can remain hidden until you look for them with a good profiler. Case in point, when the LNCC HPC team analyzed the radiation scheme driver for BRAMS with the Intel® VTune™ Amplifier performance profiler, it helped us to detect redundant array initializations inside a loop. Moving these before the beginning of the loop made the driver nearly 1,500X faster than before. Using the optimized version of the driver, we obtained approximately a 19% overall runtime reduction for BRAMS, an important reduction for the forecast runtime. The next step for the LNCC HPC team is to use Intel® Advisor to identify regions for vectorization optimization."
Roberto Pinto Souto
HPC analyst, LNCC/CENAPAD-RJ
HPC research group (CENAPAD-RJ)
National Laboratory for Scientific Computing (LNCC/Brazil)
"Intel® VTune™ Amplifier helped us identify potential performance bottlenecks in the design and engineering of our extremely complex, high-performance networking systems.”
Strategic Initiatives Director
F5 Networks, Inc.