Modern Processor Performance Analysis
Performance on modern processors requires much more than optimizing single thread performance. High-performing code must be:
- Threaded and scalable to utilize multiple CPUs
- Vectorized for efficient use of multiple FPUs
- Tuned to take advantage of non-uniform memory architectures and caches
With Intel® VTune™ Amplifier, you get all these advanced profiling capabilities with a single, friendly analysis interface. And for media applications, you also get powerful tools to tune OpenCL™ applications and the GPU.
“Hotspot” analysis identifies where your application is spending a lot of time. Tuning these hotspots will have the biggest impact on overall performance. It also details threading performance, showing the common causes of poor performance such as imbalance and lock contention.
Powerful Analysis Lets You Create Faster Code
Whether you’re tuning for the first time or doing advanced performance optimization, Intel VTune Amplifier provides accurate profiling data―collected with very low overhead. But good data isn’t enough. Intel VTune Amplifier gives you the tools to mine it and interpret it. Quickly turn raw profiling data into performance insight using the graphical interface to sort, filter, and visualize data from a local or remote target. Or use the command line interface to automate analysis.
What’s New For 2018
- Easier tuning of threaded message passing interface (MPI) applications. High-performance computing (HPC) analysis adds enhanced metrics for MPI including MPI imbalance and performance of critical path rank. Application Performance Snapshot merges MPI and application data, includes richer metrics, and adds MPICH compatibility.
- Optimize private cloud-based applications. Profile inside Docker*, LXC*, and Mesos* containers and attach to running Java* services and daemons.
- Enhanced Python* profiling. Locks and Waits analysis tunes threaded performance of mixed Python and native code. Preview: Memory consumption analysis for Python, C, and C++.
- Easier threading optimization of applications using Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB). Advanced threading analysis extends classification of high overhead and spin time.
- Easier analysis of remote Linux* systems. Automated install of performance collectors on a remote Linux target.
- Tune GPU kernel algorithms. Analyze GPU kernel execution to find memory latency or inefficient kernel algorithms. See the hotspot on the OpenCL software source and assembly.
- Cross-operating analysis for all supported operating systems. Collect data on Linux (or any supported operating system) and analyze it in the user interface on Microsoft Windows*, Linux, or macOS*. Download only what you need. Your license enables use on all operating systems.
- Support for the latest processors including Intel® Xeon®, Intel® Xeon Phi™, Intel® Core™ and Intel Atom® processors.
More New Features With Every Update
Benefits of Priority Support
Paid licenses of Intel® Software Development Tools include Priority Support for one year from your date of purchase, with options to extend support at a reduced rate. Benefits include:
- Direct and private interaction with Intel engineers. Submit confidential inquiries and code samples via the Online Service Center
- Responsive help with your technical questions and other product needs
- Free access to all new product updates and access to older versions
- Learn from other experts via community product forums
- Access to a vast library of self-help documents that build off decades of experience with creating high-performance code
Specifications at a Glance
Intel® and compatible processors and coprocessors including Intel Xeon Phi processors.
|Languages||C, C++, C#, Fortran, Java*, Python*, Go*, assembly, and more.|
|Compilers||Works with compilers from Microsoft, GCC, Intel, and others that follow the same standards.|
|Development Environments||Integrate with Microsoft Visual Studio* or run as a stand-alone product.|
|Host Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, and macOS (optional download1)|
|Target Operating Systems||
Windows, Linux, FreeBSD*, Android*, Tizen*, Wind River Linux*, and Yocto Project*
|Basic Threading Analysis
Full threading information
|OpenMP*, Intel TBB, and native threads.|
|Extended Threading Performance Analysis||OpenMP and Intel TBB|
|MPI parallelism||Integration with Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector MPI profiler|
|GPU||OpenCL and media application tuning on newer Intel processors.|
Feature availability and details may vary by operating system. For complete information, see the documentation and release notes.
1An optional macOS host interface can be downloaded separately to analyze data collected on other targets. A macOS collector to profile on macOS is not currently available.