Modern Processor Performance Analysis
Performance on modern processors requires much more than optimizing single thread performance. High-performing code must be:
- Threaded and scalable to utilize multiple CPUs
- Vectorized for efficient use of multiple FPUs
- Tuned to take advantage of non-uniform memory architectures and caches
With Intel® VTune™ Amplifier, you get all these advanced profiling capabilities with a single, friendly analysis interface. And for media applications, you also get powerful tools to tune OpenCL* and the GPU.
Quickly turn raw profiling data into performance insights using the graphical interface to sort, filter and visualize data from a local or remote target. Or use the command line i/f to automate analysis.
Powerful Analysis Lets You Create Faster Code
Whether you’re tuning for the first time or doing advanced performance optimization, Intel VTune Amplifier provides accurate profiling data―collected with very low overhead. But good data isn’t enough. Intel VTune Amplifier gives you the tools to mine it and interpret it.
What’s New For 2017
- Profile both Python* and native code. Low overhead, source-line detail (plus Google’s Go* Programming Language)
- Quickly profile three critical metrics for modern hardware performance: CPU utilization (threading), memory access, and FPU utilization (FLOPS).
- Tune Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors including in-package MCDRAM.
- Storage analysis. Tune interplay of I/O and compute.
- Enhanced memory access analysis: Tune data structures for performance and optimize NUMA latency and scalability.
- Simplified OpenCL profiling: New summary view, easier hotspot analysis setup, OpenCL 2.0 shared virtual memory detection.
- Easier remote analysis and command line use: Configure a command line for any target architecture from the user interface, including support for MPI launchers.
- Add custom counters to the timeline: Import a file or use the new API to visualize your custom software counters on the timeline.
- Intel® Performance Snapshots: Simple enough to run during a coffee break and highlight where code modernization or faster storage can improve performance. Pre-installed with Intel VTune Amplifier or available separately for free
More “What’s New” With Every Update
See details for major features or visit “What’s New?” for a more complete list of the newest features. Check back occasionally since we constantly add new features in product updates.
Confidential Support and One Year of Updates Included
Every paid version includes confidential support and one year of updates. Support renewals are available at a reduced rate to extend both the confidential support and product update period.
Specs at a Glance
||Intel® and compatible processors and coprocessors including Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors.
||C, C++, C#, Fortran, Java*, Python*, Go*, ASM assembly, and more.
||Works with compilers from Microsoft, GCC, Intel and others that follow standards.
||Integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio* or runs stand alone.
|Host Operating Systems
||Windows*, Linux* and OS X* (optional download1)
|Target Operating Systems
||Windows*, Linux*, Android*, Tizen*, Wind River Linux* and Yocto Project*
|Basic Threading Analysis
Full threading information
|OpenMP*, Intel® Threading Building Blocks, and native threads.
|Extended Threading Performance Analysis
||OpenMP* and Intel Threading Building Blocks
||Integration with Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector MPI profiler
||OpenCL and media application tuning on newer Intel processors.
|Intel VTune™ Amplifier XE
||Performance profiling of Windows*, Linux* applications1. Sold alone or as part of an Intel Parallel Studio XE suite.
|Intel VTune™ Amplifier for Systems
||Profiling embedded targets. Includes energy profiling for battery operated systems. Sold only as part of an Intel System Studio suite.
For complete information, see the documentation and release notes.
1An optional OS X host interface can be downloaded separately to analyze data collected on other targets. An OS X collector to profile on OS X is not currently available.
Download Product Brief (PDF)