Angelhack events help to move ideas to code that then have the opportunity to be backed and funded through their Accelerator program. This upcoming event is focused on Intel’s new Cloud Services Platform (CSP). Go to AngelHack's global hackathon site to register for the competition, where you can hack your way into accelerator program, pitch your idea based on CSP and win a great prize from Intel – a brand new Ultrabook™ with Intel® Core™ processor!
HOW TO ENTER:
- Register and attend AngelHack San Francisco - Spring 2013 event.
- Create an application or a prototype that demonstrates some functionality based on CSP. It is not intended that the prototype must have the full functionality of the proposed App.
- Start your application name in CSP developer dashboard with “DEVENT”, for example “DEVENT My Amazing Game”.
- Present your application or prototype at the demo session at AngelHack San Francisco.
A panel of Angelhack judges will select potential winners from among all eligible Submissions based on 5 criteria, with each criterion worth 10 points:
- Creativity – How unique and creative is the app? Is the app just a duplicate of existing functions that exist or is it a brand new innovation.
- Functionality – Is the app functional and do the services used actually work during presentation.
- User Experience – Is the app easy to use and understand? Does the app integrate the service into a fluid workflow?
- Cross Platform – Does the app and the CSP service work across multiple platforms. Is the app targeted just for Windows 8 or does it target all mobile devices like iOS, Android and Windows phone?
- Number of Services used – How many CSP services does the app use? Does it just use identity? Perhaps it mixes Identity and location? Identity and commerce?
The winner will be determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion and announced on Sunday, May 5th.
The five winning teams will be rewarded with an Ultrabook for each team (five Ultrabooks in total).
Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the potential five winners if, in its sole discretion, the Submissions do not meet the scoring criteria described above and or sponsor does not receive a sufficient number of eligible Submissions.
ABOUT Intel Cloud Services Platform
In case you didn’t know… Intel Cloud Services Platform is a set of APIs that help developers easily build cross platform apps. The current set of services includes Intel Identity, Commerce, Location and Context services. Key functionality available is user registration, authentication and authorization using just few lines of code; embed location into apps or websites; creating and updating orders, processing payments, and maintaining account history; building context-aware apps, personalized for user's needs.
- Intel Cloud Services Platform home page
- CSP developer dashboard
- Angelhack home page
- AngelHack San Francisco - Spring 2013 event registration
TIPS & TRICKS
- Please start your application name with "DEVENT (App Name)
- Please don't hesitate to ask your questions in this forum!
- Please add "AngelHack" in the subject of your forum topics
- Please tweet about us using hash tags #intel, #csp, #angelhackSF
Are you ready to take your big idea to the next level?