Intel® System Studio 2016 is a comprehensive and integrated tool suite that provides developers with advanced system tools and technologies to help accelerate the delivery of the next generation power efficient, high performance, and reliable embedded and mobile devices. It allows you to build, optimize, debug, tune, and deploy 32-and 64-bit C and C++ system and application code on Windows* host platforms for running on Windows* targets.
Intel® System Studio 2016 is supplied in various editions:
- Composer Edition
- Professional Edition
- Ultimate Edition
The editions differ in components they include and hence in features they support. Find more details on the Intel® System Studio product page about the difference between various editions.
This guide takes you through getting started with the Intel® System Studio 2016 Ultimate Edition.
Before you start using the Intel® System Studio 2016 Ultimate Edition for Windows* host - Windows* target, make sure your operating system is correctly configured. Intel® System Studio 2016 Ultimate Edition provides full Microsoft* Visual Studio* integration. For a complete list of the Microsoft* Visual Studio* versions you can use, refer to the Release Notes.
For configuration information, refer to the Using Intel® System Studio in Microsoft* Visual Studio* web article.
Build and optimize your code
Use the following Intel® System Studio components to build optimized executables and libraries.
Use the compiler configuration script to configure the compiler and the related libraries listed below. See the Using compilervars File chapter in the Compiler User and Reference Guide for more information.
- Intel® C++ Compiler v.16.0 - a high-performance, optimized C and C++ cross compiler with the capability of offloading the compute-intensive code to Intel® HD Graphics and executing on multiple execution units by using Intel® Cilk™ parallel language extensions.
- Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) v.11.3- a set of highly optimized linear algebra, Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), vector math, and statistics functions
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) v.9.0 - a software library that provides a broad range of functionality, including general signal and image processing, computer vision, data compression, cryptography, and string manipulation
- Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) v.4.4 - performance building blocks to boost embedded system performance
Debug and trace your code to isolate and resolve defects
Use the following Intel® System Studio debug components:
- Intel® System Debugger 2016
- Source-level debug of OS kernel software, drivers, and firmware
- Platform-wide execution information with timestamps using Intel® Trace Hub kernel software, drivers, firmware, BIOS
- Intel® Debug Extensions for WinDbg*
- Software execution trace of kernel and driver code using Intel® Processor Trace
- Earlier target connectivity using WinDBG over JTAG for Intel® Architecture Processors
Analyze your code for power, performance, and correctness
Use the following Intel® System Studio components:
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2016 for Systems - software performance analysis tool for users developing serial and multithreaded applications
- Intel® Energy Profiler 2016 - a platform-wide energy consumption analyzer of energy-related data collected using the SoC Watch tool
- Intel® Inspector 2016 for Systems - dynamic memory and threading error checking tool for users developing serial and multithreaded applications on embedded platforms
- Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers - real-time system-level performance analyzers to optimize CPU/GPU workloads
Verify the setup with the matrix multiplication sample
Use the "Matrix Multiplication" sample provided with this installation to learn the usage of Intel® System Studio:
- Go to <install_dir>\samples_2016\en\System_Studio\
- Unzip system_studio_sample_matrix_multiply.zip to your PC
- Refer to Readme.pdf for information how to build the samples
Documentation and Resources
This is the evaluation guide portal. You can download step-by-step guides explaining how to start using Intel® System Studio 2016 features.
|Intel® System Studio 2016 User's Guide||
Overview and usage information for the Intel® System Studio, features and technologies supported by the studio, and examples of tasks solution using the Intel® System Studio 2016 tools.
|Intel® System Studio Installation Guide and Usage Prerequisites||
Installation procedures, hardware and software requirements.
|Intel® System Studio Release Notes and Getting Started Documents||
A web page providing the current Release Notes and Getting Started Documents for the Intel® System Studio.
|Intel® System Studio Samples and Tutorials||
A web collection of samples and tutorials demonstrating Intel® System Studio features in detail: how to use vector and task programming features, how to apply explicit vectorization and parallelization constructs in some popular algorithms and commonly used open source applications.
|Intel® Software Documentation Library||
This is the online documentation library for Intel software products.