Develop professional-grade media applications on Intel® platforms using the libraries, tools, and samples included in this SDK. Its single API enables hardware acceleration of workflows while helping developers tap into capabilities provided by Intel® Quick Sync Video.
- Accelerate rich media performance. Significantly speed up video playback, encoding, processing, and media formatting conversion.
- Cut product time to market. Prototype, optimize, and productize your media pipelines with a comprehensive, convenient API.
- Speed transition to new codecs. Use efficient codecs with hardware acceleration to increase speed, compression, and quality.
- Write once and run anywhere. Get full backward and forward compatibility across Intel® Core™, Intel® Celeron®, Intel® Pentium®, and Intel Atom® processors.
- Debug and customize quickly. Find and solve application bugs, port applications to new operating systems, and add new features using source code.
- Macroblock-level QP control for HEVC encode
- Sliding window bit rate control for AVC encode
- Improved HEVC encode bit rate control
- Robust AVC encode with enhanced visual quality and latency
Who Needs Intel® Media SDK
Developers who need fast video encoding, decoding, processing, and media format conversion use this SDK for:
- Desktop or mobile video players and editors
- Video conferencing or streaming applications
- 360-degree video and virtual reality solutions
- Smart camera and network video recorder software
- In-vehicle infotainment, heads-up display, and instrument cluster firmware
Customer Success Stories
1 Rack density is based on the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Moonshot* system with 45 cartridges. Each cartridge contains 1 Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1585L v5 for a total of 45 E3-1500 v5 processors per 4.3U chassis. Assuming 2U for top of rack switches, 9 4.3U chassis could fit in each rack, giving 9*45=405 sockets in a 42u rack. Processor AVC streams are 405*18=7290 and HEVC streams are 405*2=810.