Develop professional-grade media and video applications for digital surveillance, retail, industrial, smart home, video conferencing, and more using the libraries, tools, and samples included in this SDK. Its single API enables hardware acceleration for fast video transcoding, image processing, and media workflows while helping you tap into Intel® Quick Sync Video capabilities.
- Accelerate rich media performance. Speed up video playback, encoding, processing, and media formatting conversion.
- Cut product time to market. Prototype, optimize, and productize your media pipelines with a comprehensive, convenient API.
- Speed transition to new codecs. Use efficient codecs with hardware acceleration to increase speed, compression, and quality across AVC, HEVC, and MPEG-2.
- Debug and customize quickly. Find and solve application bugs, port applications to new operating systems, and add new features using source code for open source Linux*.
What's New in the 2018 R1 Release?
- Features that improve video and image processing and quality for AVC, HEVC, and VP9.
- Support for 8th generation Intel® Core™, Celeron®, and Pentium® processors.
- Includes a validated media stack for building robust solutions.
- Enables full access to hardware-accelerated codecs, Intel Quick Sync Video, and processor graphics to speed up performance.
- New HEVC features: Software- and GPU-accelerated HEVC (H.265) codec components. Sample adaptive offset (SAO) controls improve video quality by providing multiple largest coding unit (LCU) sizes for choosing the luma LCU size and enabling the transform skip mode.
- New VP9 encoder features: Enables segmentation controls and temporal layer configuration with added external VP9 parameter controls.
- Video Quality Caliper analysis tool: Provides efficient, sequence-level quality inspection of encoded or decoded video streams plus objective metrics, such as peak signal-to-noise (PSNR) and structural similarity (SSIM).
Who Needs Intel® Media SDK
Developers who need fast video encoding, decoding, processing, media format conversion, and image processing use this SDK for:
- Desktop or mobile video players and editors
- Video conferencing or streaming applications
- Smart camera and network video recorder software
- Content capture and distribution for digital surveillance, industrial, retail, healthcare, and more
- In-vehicle infotainment and instrument cluster firmware
Customer Success Stories