One Solution for Multiple Environments
Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL) optimizes code with minimal effort for future generations of Intel® processors. It is compatible with your choice of compilers, languages, operating systems, and linking and threading models.
- Features highly optimized, threaded, and vectorized math functions that maximize performance on each processor family
- Uses industry-standard C and Fortran APIs for compatibility with popular BLAS, LAPACK, and FFTW functions—no code changes required
- Dispatches optimized code for each processor automatically without the need to branch code
- Provides Priority Support that connects you directly to Intel engineers for confidential answers to technical questions
- Improved optimization for small matrix multiplication via new functions with just-in-time code generation for S/DGEMM
- Improved performance of 1D/3D FFT (fast Fourier transform)
- Introduced extreme eigenvalue decomposition (EVD) and singular value decomposition (SVD) functionality
- Introduced SparseQR functionality
- Added multinomial random number generators
Connect to the developer community and our technical experts through this public forum.
All paid versions of Intel® Software Development Products automatically include Priority Support for one year from your date of purchase. Get direct access to our technical experts when you purchase Intel MKL bundled with Intel® Parallel Studio XE. Get direct access to our technical experts when you purchase Intel MKL bundled with Intel Parallel Studio XE or when you renew existing paid license support for Intel® System Studio.
Intel® Xeon® processor
Intel® Core™ processor family
Intel Atom® processor
Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor
Supported Integrated Development Environments
Microsoft Visual Studio* (Windows)
Eclipse* (Linux and macOS)
C, C++, and Fortran development (native support)
Python* through Intel® Distribution for Python* (optimizes standard Python libraries that include NumPy, numexpr, SciPy, and scikit-learn*)