It’s been about a year and half since we first released Intel® SOA Expressway for Healthcare, which is a purpose-built, easy-to-deploy integration appliance for connecting islands of information together to enable a secure, high-performance, best-of-breed health information infrastructure. We have now begun shipping release 2.2, which contains a number of new feature enhancements.
- Healthcare Quick Start Kit: prebuilt modules, workflows and data transformation maps to reduce learning curve and improve developer productivity.
- Improved Microsoft Windows Support: new deployment options that take advantage of Windows installer technology make it simple to automate deployment and installation of SOA Expressway across a cluster of servers. In addition, we’ve beefed up support for command line scripting (CLI) on windows to enable even more flexible product configuration and administration using automated scripting tools.
- Reliable Messaging and Replay: advanced support for configuring guaranteed delivery options for sending and receiving of health data.
- Hardened Appliance Form-factor: In partnership with Dell, we now offer a 1U high-performance hardware appliance with tamper-resistant features not available anywhere else.
- Virtualization: Since Intel SOA Expressway is software it supports a variety of hardware virtualization technologies. We’ve now made that even easier by making the product available as a Virtual Appliance in the VMWare Virtual Appliance Marketplace
So is this just another integration engine for healthcare? Well, I’ll give you three examples why this product is different:
1. Intel SOA Expressway for Healthcare lets you extend your legacy Health IT. Because rip-and-replace is never an option, we’ve designed an integration appliance that is easily-deployed as an overlay to your existing Healthcare I.T. applications, databases, even interface engines. Intel SOA Expressway lets you extend your legacy environment by quickly assembling data from a diverse set of proprietary applications and databases into higher-value, standardized information services layer.
2. Intel SOA Expressway for Healthcare is a highly integrated appliance. It performs message transformation, mediation and routing, and security in a lightweight, tightly integrated, high performance runtime. Intel’s approach addresses the high-cost, poor performance and low flexibility of the software “suite” approach to integration, which typically require a substantial investment in an entire stack of separate products to meet even simple integration needs.
3. Intel SOA Expressway for Healthcare is future-proofed. Most integration products today are focused on micro-level integration, simply moving health data from point-to-point, which actually contributes to information silos, adding cost and complexity to a healthcare information environment. Unlike these products which provide a thin veil of standards support at the edge of the product, Intel SOA Expressway for Healthcare has “designed-in” healthcare standards deep within the product to enable healthcare interoperability, not just point-to-point integration.
Intel SOA Expressway maximizes value from your “legacy” investment while “future-proofing” IT infrastructure -- all at breakthrough cost. The value is clear, whether you are looking to build a backbone for a state or national Health Information Exchange; a B2B Hub for high-volume, secure message processing; or even a provider looking for an inexpensive health information gateway to efficiently exchange healthcare information inside hospitals and with health information networks.
Recently, Intel SOA Expressway was selected by Newark Beth Israel Medical Center (NBI), 600+ bed teaching hospital in New Jersey to power the launch of its first comprehensive electronic health information exchange, which will offer a shared clinical data repository to its partner institutions, physicians, other care givers and patients. Intel collaborated with healthcare portal solutions provider IGI to create a next generation solutions for hospitals and IDNs, enabling healthcare providers to securely exchange patient information at the point of care - key to providing better services and reducing integration costs. View the on-demand webinar here.
IGI is an active Intel systems integrator partner that provides an Affiliated Physician and Patient portal solution that enables uniform access to a broad range of services such as referrals and care coordination, e-prescribing, instant access to labs, claims and medication history, as well as a comprehensive virtual patient record. The integration between IGI ORBIT® and Intel® SOA Expressway for Healthcare provides an efficient, scalable, SOA based solution that connects and translates data as it moves across a healthcare network. IGI ORBIT utilizes Intel SOA Expressway to retrieve data for portal display from a variety of hospital systems including EHR, EMR, database, or HL7 based sources, providing the fastest, simplest way for to enable integrated care services and interoperability across a community of participants.
For more information visit the Intel SOA Expressway for Healthcare website here.