To use Intel Advisor to help you fix sharing problems and add parallelism, you need to:
- Get software tools (completed in previous parts of this tutorial)
- Open a Visual Studio solution.
- Build the annotated serial application's target executable.
This part of this tutorial assumes you have completed the previous part that predicts parallel behavior of your serial, annotated application. This includes installing Intel Advisor and running the Suitability and Correctness tools.
Open a Visual Studio* Solution
Build and Test the Serial Annotated Application's Target Executable
- Right-click the 2_nqueens_annotated project in the Solution Explorer.
- Choose Set as StartUp Project.
- To prepare a target for the Correctness tool, choose a Debug configuration.
- To prepare a target for the Suitability or Survey tool and the steps below, choose a Release configuration.
- Choose Build > 2_nqueens_annotated.
Choose Debug > Start Without Debugging.
- Check for a display similar to the following for a Release build:
Press Enter (or any key) to dismiss the application output window.
- The result will appear. For example, click the Correctness Report button to view the Correctness Report data needed to fix sharing problems.