To insert Intel Advisor annotations into your source files on a Linux* system, you can use any text editor. Intel Advisor simplifies the process of locating where to insert annotations.
To insert Intel Advisor annotations:
- Open the Intel Advisor GUI and the relevant project.
- In the File menu, select Options.
- Select Editor to display the Options - Editor dialog box. Follow the instructions in Dialog Box Options - Editor to associate an editor with your source language(s).
- For your project, open the Survey Source window.
- Double-click a source line to display the specified editor opened to the corresponding source location.
- Use the annotation assistant pane in the lower part of the Survey Source window to select the type of annotation you want to insert.
- Copy the selected annotations from the annotation assistant pane by clicking the button.
- Paste the copied annotations into your editor.
- You may need to move some annotation lines around.
- Repeat as needed for other annotations from step 4. For more information about annotations, see Summary of Annotation Types.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.