If required, edit a list of hardware events monitored by the Intel® VTune™ Amplifier for your processor by modifying an existing or creating a new hardware event-based sampling analysis configuration.
- Create a new hardware event-based sampling analysis type.
The new analysis type shows up under the Custom Analysis node in the Analysis Type window.
- Select the newly created analysis type and click the Edit button on the right pane of the Analysis Type window.
The Custom Analysis dialog box opens.
- In the Custom Analysis dialog box, click the Add Event button.
The Add Events dialog box opens.
- From the list of events, select the events you want the VTune Amplifier to monitor in this configuration.
When you highlight the event name in the list, the lower section of the dialog box provides a short event description. You may click the Explain... button at the bottom to open the Reference for Processor Events and read more details on the selected event.
- Click OK to close the Add Events dialog box.
The event list in the Custom Analysis dialog box is updated.
- Click OK to close the Custom Analysis dialog box.
The new hardware event-based sampling analysis configuration is updated with the new events.
You may configure the VTune Amplifier to monitor all the events in a single collection run using event multiplexing or allow multiple runs to collect more precise event data.
For information on processor events, see the Intel Processor Event Reference available from the Help menu.