Configure the Intel® VTune™ Amplifier to collect special metrics and analyze idle and active power consumption of your system and the impact your software has on the system behavior.
- Click the (standalone GUI)/ (Visual Studio IDE) New Analysis button on the VTune Amplifier toolbar.
The New Amplifier Result tab opens with the Analysis Type window active.
- In the Analysis Type window, select the Algorithm Analysis > Advanced Hotspots analysis type from the left pane.
The Advanced Hotspots configuration pane opens on the right.
- Click the Copy button in the upper right corner of the configuration pane.
The Custom Analysis dialog box opens.
- Select the Collect stacks, Analyze idle power consumption and/or Analyze active power consumption checkboxes.
- Click OK to save the configuration.
VTune Amplifier creates a new analysis type in the Custom Analysis branch of the analysis tree.
- Click the Start button to launch the custom analysis.