The FS EU Active metric represents the percentage of overall GPU time that the execution units (EUs) were actively executing Fragment Shader instructions.
- If FS EU Active is 50%, it means that half of the overall GPU time was spent actively executing Fragment Shader instructions.
- If FS EU Active is 0%, it means that no Fragment Shader was associated with the selected draw calls, or that the amount of time actively executing Fragment Shader instructions was negligible.
- This metric is important if fragment shading seems to be the bottleneck for selected rendering calls.
- If FS EU Active accounts for most of the EU active time, then to improve performance you might need to simplify the fragment shader.
- If FS EU Active is larger than you would expect and you are encountering slow rendering times, you should examine the fragment shader code for potential reasons why these stalls are occurring.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.