- Download 3D_printed_seperation_tool files and create the module separation tool. This file is shared under the included Creative Commons Attribution 3.0* (unported) License which is included in the zip file you download..
- Disassemble the platform
Remove the reference fan mounting block, if attached
- Remove the heatsink and all related components.
- Protect the wireless antenna connections:
It's recommended to leave the wireless antennas attached to the module to reduce wear on the precision connectors.
Secure attached antenna to the module and confirm the antenna wires are free to move as needed.
- Insert the small end feature of the removal tool under the corner-edge of the module, between the module and the expansion board as shown while using care to ensue the tool is not resting upon any electronic devices.
- Gently rotate the tool along the round edge, lifting the module from the expansion board until the board to board connectors are fully disengaged.
- Lift the module off the expansion board
|Note: The board to board connectors are rated at 30 maximum cycles. Carefully inspect the connectors before reinstalling the module.|