Intel® Gen9LP features
- Gen9LP graphic engine can run at 450MHz or 650MHz according to model. See the model descriptions in the System on Module Overview.
- Intel 9th generation (Gen 9LP) graphics encoder / decoder engine
- Two or three slices of 6 EUs; each slice supports 6 threads resulting in a total of 12 or 18 available threads, depending on device SKU and configuration. See the configuration descriptions in the System on Module Overview.
- Supports 3D rendering, media composting, and video encoding
- Graphics burst (570x only) enabled through energy counters
- Supports OpenGL* 4.3, OpenGL ES 3.1 and OpenCL 2.0
- 4x anti-aliasing
- Supports content protection using PAVP and HDCP 1.4/2.0
- Hardware capable of (up to) 4k video encode and decode; software dependencies exist.
Graphic Encoder and Decoder Support
|Format||Decode Level||Encode Level|
Profiles: CBP, MP, HP Level: L5.2 up to 1080p240, 4kx2kp60
Bit-rate up to 250 Mbps
|Profiles: CBP, MP, HP Level: L5.1 up to 1080p120, 4kx2kp30 Bit-rate: up to 250 Mbps|
|H.265/HEVC||MP L5.1 up to 4kx2kp60 (Bit-rate: up to 40Mbps), MP L5 up to 4kx2kp30 (Bit-rate: up to 100Mbps) 10-bit||MP L4 up to 1080p60|
|MVC||CBP, MP HPL5.2 up to 4kx2kp60 see Note||CBP, MP HPL5.1 up to 4kx2kp30 see Note|
|VP8||Up to 4kx2kp60||1080p30 see Note|
|VP9||Up to 4kx2kp60||Up to 720p60, 1080p30 see Note|
|MPEG2||HD MPHL (1080p60)||HD MPHL (1080p30) see Note|
|VC-1||AP L4 (1080p60) see Note|
|WMV9||MP HL (1080p30) see Note|
1067 Mpps (420), 800 Mpps (422)
at 400MHz, 25% non-zero coefficients)
|1067 Mpps (420), 800 Mpps (422) (at 400MHz, 25% non-zero coefficients)|
Note: Specific formats and configurations may require software support for the chosen operating system.
HDMI* Signal Group Specifications
The Intel® Joule™ module provides a HDMI 1.4b interface through the board-to-board connectors for expansion board usage. See the HDMI - High Definition Multimedia Interface in the Expansion Board Design Guide and HDMI Subsystem in the Expansion Board Hardware Datasheet for the specifications for this interface.