Developer Guide for Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications
Intel® SDK for OpenCL™Applications - API Debugger plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio* IDE provides Command Queue View, which enables tracking the execution status of enqueued commands (issued by clEnqueue API call).
The status for a command can be one of the following options:
The Command Queue View also displays events for a particular command-queue (Separate Queues) or for all events from all queues (Unify Queues).
Access the Command Queue View by selecting Tools > Intel Code Builder for OpenCL API > OpenCL API Debugger > Command Queue View.
Use the following buttons to control the Command Queue View:
- Save As... - enables dumping the current status of commands to a text file for a later investigation.
- Unify Queues - enables to view all commands across all queues.
Also note the following:
- When working in the Unified queues mode, each entry is added a suffix of the form: CQ [NUMBER], which indicates the command-queue number, with which the command is associated.
- For example: TASK(3) CQ, indicates that the 3rd command enqueued to some queue is a clEnqueueTask command, and is associated with Command-Queue .
- Each queue has a color and all its corresponding commands have the color of the queue. Such differentiation makes it easy to spot in the eye the corresponding queues of the commands in question:
Command-queues in the Objects Tree view share the same color in the view as their color in the Command Queue view.
- The Unify Queues button changes into Separate Queues button after being clicked, which does the opposite operation and shows events status per queue.
- Separate Queues - appears when working in Unified mode after clicking Unify Queues, and does the opposite to Unify Queues operation, which is showing the commands per-queue. First select the queue from the drop-down list under the Save As... button, then the view updates with the commands that are associated with the selected queue.