Developer Guide for Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications
To create buffers in the Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications standalone version, do the following:
- Select Analyze > Variable management. Or click cells in the Assigned Variable column of the Analyze Board.
- In the Variable Management dialog click Add.
- In the Select Variable Type dialog choose Buffer from the Type combo box.
Use CSV or binary files, random values, or zeroes to create buffers.
- When using CSV files, each line represents one OpenCL data type (like int4, float16, and so on), with a value in each column to satisfy the type size. For example, for a long8, at least eight columns of long numbers should exist in each line. The size of the buffer is used as the number of lines to read from CSV. The CSV file may hold more columns or lines than needed for a specific buffer, but not fewer.
- When using binary files, the content should be a concatenation of the OpenCL data type, and as with using CSV files, the file may hold more data than indicated by the Size argument.
Output buffers do not need a value assigned to them. If a value is assigned, it is ignored.