- Why is the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows* no longer being updated?
We are transitioning our software support to the Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D400-Series, which brings superior capabilities: more advanced algorithms, wider range of lighting, smarter visible light usage, and higher depth perception accuracy. The new software support will be aligning to our camera, supporting the SR300 and the D400-Series cameras.
- Is the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows* still available?
We plan to make the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows* available through the release of Windows® 10 RS3*.
- Is there an alternative software to the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows*?
- Yes. Developers can use the Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API, which is available on GitHub.
- Is the functionality of the Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API the same as the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows*?
The functionality is not the same. Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API focuses on providing access to the data stream from the camera and other third-party computer vision module plugins only.
- What features are in the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows* that are not in the Intel® RealSense™ Cross Platform API ?
- Middleware libraries: Cursor mode, 3D scanning, user background segmentation, facial tracking and recognition, and full hand tracking and gesture recognition
- Support for multiple applications: The camera software stack and the SDK core that implements camera virtualization, allowing multiple applications access the same camera
- Privacy notification: The core framework logs input and output activity. It's notification application alearts users of any activities concerning personal identifiable information (PII)
- Audio device support and speech middleware
- Can I still get support?
Support is available via the Intel® RealSense™ community. No software updates will be made. If there is a product defect, please contact your retailer for an exchange within warranty.