Explore the hardware and software requirements to stream digital content, create different types of interactions, and improve your applications.
Apply hardware-based video decoding with the Intel® Media SDK and compositing using Microsoft DirectX* Video Acceleration High Definition (DXVA-HD).
See performance improvements over basic OpenCV installations by using these libraries and code samples, which have been optimized using Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives and the Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Retail Display Solution Example
Optimize your development of display experiences for retail applications with libraries, compilers, and tools from Intel.
1. Hardware and software components - For digital signage and media players, components include a central processing unit (CPU), graphical processing unit (GPU), Intel® Media SDK, an integrated camera, and media storage.
2. Scheduling - The CPU queues media for playback, incorporating audience analytics and remote management from administrators.
3. Decoding and playback - The player uses the GPU with Intel® Media SDK to rapidly decode and encode media for high-quality, high-definition playback. This offloading enables the CPU to complete other tasks, such as scheduling, computer vision, analytics, and more.
4. Camera feed - The integrated camera captures a live feed of nearby observers.
5. Computer vision - The CPU and GPU use computer vision libraries with OpenCL™ to accelerate extrapolation of data from the camera feed, such as audience demographics, viewing numbers, and emotional response.
6. Data logging and analytics - Extrapolated data is stored and processed (locally or on a server). The analytics results will identify audience trends, which the administrators can use to dictate scheduling.