Explore the hardware and software requirements to stream digital content, create different types of interactions, and improve your applications.
Apply hardware-based video decoding with the Intel® Media SDK and compositing using Microsoft DirectX* Video Acceleration High Definition (DXVA-HD).
Code Samples and Reference Implementations
The following projects provide working examples for IoT developers who are interested in retail solutions.
Retail Display Solution Example
Optimize your development of display experiences for retail applications with libraries, compilers, and tools from Intel.
1. Hardware and software components - For digital signage and media players, components include a central processing unit (CPU), graphical processing unit (GPU), Intel® Media SDK, an integrated camera, and media storage.
2. Scheduling - The CPU queues media for playback, incorporating audience analytics and remote management from administrators.
3. Decoding and playback - The player uses the GPU with Intel® Media SDK to rapidly decode and encode media for high-quality, high-definition playback. This offloading enables the CPU to complete other tasks, such as scheduling, computer vision, analytics, and more.
4. Camera feed - The integrated camera captures a live feed of nearby observers.
5. Computer vision - The CPU and GPU use computer vision libraries with OpenCL™ to accelerate extrapolation of data from the camera feed, such as audience demographics, viewing numbers, and emotional response.
6. Data logging and analytics - Extrapolated data is stored and processed (locally or on a server). The analytics results will identify audience trends, which the administrators can use to dictate scheduling.
Tools and SDKs to Speed Your Development