Develop Digital Signage & Kiosk Solutions
Enabled with Intel® technology, these solutions provide audience engagement and analysis in real time and the ability to customize content for each experience.
These solutions are useful for original device manufacturers (ODM), system integrators, independent software vendors, and developers who create display and kiosk solutions across various markets, or who implement display solutions or smart city projects. Network operators who manage or maintain large kiosks and content remotely may also find these solutions helpful.
Implement visually rich media workloads, and allow for new market trends and technologies. Go from an entry level business system to an enterprise system using Intel Atom® and Intel® Core™ processors and standardized form factors, such as open pluggable solutions and smart display modules.
Determine a viewer’s response, gender, and age group. Track consumer behavior in real time to make quick, informed decisions.
Develop, analyze, and optimize visual computing and sensor applications using the OpenVINO™ toolkit, Intel® Media SDK, Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ applications, and Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers tools.
Manage devices and deployment remotely to repair corrupted drivers, application software, or operating systems for a non-responsive signage system.
Intel offers a variety of hardware and software options for building retail display solutions.
Network operators and system integrators can quickly deploy interchangeable digital signage devices and pluggable media players faster and in higher volumes utilizing this small form factor. This extends the life of visual systems and reduces the frequency of updating hardware.
Original device manufacturers (ODM), independent software vendors (ISV), or system integrators looking to build or deploy IoT display solutions on Intel® architecture can request Intel® software, hardware, and tools for enablement.
Retail Display Solution Example
Optimize your development of display experiences for retail applications with libraries, compilers, and tools from Intel.
1. Hardware and software components: For digital signage and media players, components include a central processing unit (CPU), graphical processing unit (GPU), Intel® Media SDK, an integrated camera, and media storage.
2. Scheduling: The CPU queues media for playback, incorporating audience analytics and remote management from administrators.
3. Decoding and playback: The player uses the GPU with Intel® Media SDK to rapidly decode and encode media for high-quality, high-definition playback. This offloading enables the CPU to complete other tasks, such as scheduling, computer vision, analytics, and more.
4. Camera feed: The integrated camera captures a live feed of nearby observers.
5. Computer vision: The CPU and GPU use computer vision libraries with OpenCL™ software technology to accelerate extrapolation of data from the camera feed, such as audience demographics, viewing numbers, and emotional response.
6. Data logging and analytics: Extrapolated data is stored and processed (locally or on a server). The analytics results will identify audience trends, which the administrators can use to dictate scheduling.