Set Up PuTTY
- Download the PuTTY terminal emulator: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe.
- Apply a right mouse-click on the putty.exe file and select Run as administrator.
- Configure the PuTTY menu as follows:
- Under Connection type, select Serial.
- In the Serial line field, enter the COM# for your board, such as COM7.
Note: If you did not identify your COM# when setting up your board, navigate to the Device Manager and check for an entry called USB Serial Port (not Intel Edison Virtual Com Port). The COM# is displayed next to the USB Serial Port entry, as highlighted below.
- In the Speed field, type
- Click Open.
- When you see a blank screen, press the Enter key twice. A login prompt is displayed.
- At the login prompt, type
rootand press Enter.
- Press Enter when prompted for a password. You should see a terminal prompt.
You have now established a serial communication with your board. You can interact with your board by entering common Linux commands. For a summary of useful commands, see Common commands for the Intel® Edison board.
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.