Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) is an Intel technology for application developers seeking to protect select code and data from disclosure or modification. Intel® SGX makes such protections possible through the use of enclaves. Enclaves are protected areas of execution. Application code can be put into an enclave via special instructions and software made available to developers via the Intel® SGX SDK.
The Intel® SGX SDK is a collection of APIs, libraries, documentation, sample source code, and tools that allows software developers to create and debug Intel® SGX enabled applications in C/C++.
The SDK is offered for evaluation purposes only. If you would like to deliver a production-quality application using Intel® SGX, see the information for a commercial license.
Required Hardware: 6th generation Intel® Core™ processor (or later) based platform with Intel SGX-enabled BIOS support
Supported Operating Systems for Intel® SGX SDK installer:
- Microsoft Windows* 7 64 bit
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 64 bit, Version 1511
- Microsoft Windows® 10 Anniversary Update, 64 bit, Version 1607
Required Development Software Installer:
- Intel® Parallel Studio XE for Windows* 2016 Update 3
- Microsoft Visual Studio* Professional 2015 with Update 3
- Microsoft Visual C++* compiler from Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
For information about Linux*, see the Linux technical specifications.