The Tizen build tile (located in the "Legacy Hybrid Mobile App Platforms" section of the Build tab) is no longer available; it has been retired. It was marked as deprecated in March of 2015.
On July 28, 2015 we enabled an Early Access build system for Windows Phone 8.1 Cordova apps. Despite the reference to "Early Access," this build option is not limited to use with the Intel XDK Early Access edition; it can be used with any current version of the Intel XDK.
We have released version 2248 of the Intel XDK.
This release is a "hotfix" to the previously released 2170 version. It contains one significant bug fix:
- The Intel XDK would pause for several minutes at startup with slow or misconfigured network connections.
- There will not be a similar hotfix release for the Intel XDK IoT Edition or the Intel XDK Early Access release.
For detailed information please read the release notes.
You can now build "embedded" Crosswalk 14 apps with the Intel_XDK for Chrome 43 webviews on Android 4.x and higher devices. See Why Use Crosswalk? for why Crosswalk matters on Android devices.
You select Crosswalk 14 by selecting the pulldown in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab. This version is only selectable by using version 2170 or greater of the Intel XDK.
Hello Intel XDK and forum Users,
As of today (June 26, 2015) we have finished our migration of Intel XDK accounts to the more secure intel.com login system (the same login system you use to access this forum). You will see a new login screen when providing your userid and password to the Intel XDK, and to App Preview. This is the intel.com login system you are seeing. Other than the change to a new login screen, there will be no difference for the majority of Intel XDK users.
If you push the green BUILD button after uploading your app and nothing happens (or you see the "build spinner" appear and then quickly disappear) you may have a project GUID conflict. This can be caused for a variety of reasons:
- you own multiple accounts that have projects with the same name
- you have multiple projects (with different names) that were copied from the same original project
- other security and authentication upgrade effects
The simplest solution to this problem is to:
Can't find the download link for the Intel XDK Early Access release?
Announcing the latest version of the Intel XDK IoT Edition. The version number is 2170.
Some of the new features in this update are:
- Mraa and Upm library API calls are now provided as part of code hinting
- Added an Mraa/Upm updater
- Added a scrollbar to the terminal window for a better UI/UX experience
- Improved the debugger
- Added the ability to pass parameters to Node Apps at launch time
For detailed information on the release, please see the release notes here:
The legacy Windows 8 build has been retired. A deprecation notice for the legacy build options was posted in March of 2015. Eventually all of the legacy build options will be retired.
Please use the Cordova Windows 8 build option.
- Page 1