Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) is a widely used C++ library for shared memory parallel programming and heterogeneous computing (intra-node distributed memory programming). The library provides a wide range of features for parallel programming that include:
- Generic parallel algorithms
- Concurrent containers
- A scalable memory allocator
- Work-stealing task scheduler
- Low-level synchronization primitives
Use this library-only solution for task-based parallelism. It does not require any special compiler support and has ports to multiple architectures that include Intel® architectures and Arm*.
Get the Product
Threading Building Blocks (TBB) is available as a part of the following tool suites. You can also separately download the free library and open source version under an Apache* 2.0 license. A purchased license includes Priority Support.
- Parallel Standard Template Library (Parallel STL), a C++17 generic parallel algorithms implementation.
- Expanded support for Android*, macOS*, Windows*, and Linux*.
- Python* language support for a conda* distribution.
- Improved concurrency and heterogeneity, including reduced task scheduling overhead, default OpenCL™ platform customization, and a user event-tracing API.
Specs at a Glance
|Processors||Optimized for all compatible Intel® processors including Intel Atom®, Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, and Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors.|
|Portability and Compatibility||