OpenCV* is the main library used for computer vision and image processing. For sketches created in Arduino Create*, the OpenCV library is dynamically linked, which means it must be installed on the target platform first in order to run. This tutorial contains the instructions to set up OpenCV 3.3.0 on the Ubuntu* Server 16.04 LTS operating system that comes with the UP²* Grove IoT Development Kit, though they can generally be applied to any Intel® processor-based hardware system.
What you'll learn
- How to download, build (compile), and install the OpenCV 3.3.0 libraries from the command line
- How to install the Ubuntu* desktop on an Ubuntu Server 16.04 OS
- How to verify your OpenCV installation in Arduino Create
Gather your materials
- UP² board or other Intel processor-based hardware with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- A monitor, keyboard, and mouse for the UP² board